EarthNight is a painting brought to life and a retro style platformer arcade game. Dragons have taken over the Earth, and humanity has fled to space. You must help Stanley and Sydney skydive back to Earth while careening across the backs of massive, snake-like dragons as they soar high above the planet, all while an original chiptune soundtrack pounds away in the background. Every moment is intense and layered with intricacy.
• Jump and dash your way across the backs of dragons on your way down to Earth in classic 2D side-scrolling action.
• Unlock more than 25 gameplay-altering powerups that will aid you on your journey as you slay dragons and discover secrets.
• Experience a unique run no matter how many times you play thanks to near-infinite variations of hand designed, procedurally generated levels.
• Explore five layers of the atmosphere with more than 40 enemies, more than 15 unique dragons and hundreds of scraps and items, all brought to life by artist Mattahan, who meticulously painted each of EarthNight’s 10,000+ frames of art and animation.
• Enjoy an original, exciting soundtrack intertwined into gameplay, including more than 20 songs written and performed by chiptune musician Chipocrite.
“There's something special about EarthNight. It has all the trappings of a sleeper hit: It's gorgeous, unique and whimsical, and it feels fresh even as it embodies the nostalgia of classic platformers.”
"The painterly art style and nuanced control of your character's momentum set it apart."
"EarthNight feels like a game with a fiery heart and formidable talent in every facet of development."
“The level of artistic detail in the game is spellbinding. You can easily get hypnotized by the colorful beauty of EarthNight. The game is simply put, a painting that you can play with.”
"Cleaversoft is making a runner that’s challenging, rewarding and, ultimately, very good. You’ll have to straight up get better in order to play better, and that feeling of accomplishment is what they’re after.”
"Every moment is intense and layered with intricacy, from the look of the game to the glorious soundtrack, it's premise and how it controls.”
3.0 Patch Notes:
- Our full vision of EarthNight with both Stanley & Sydney dragon running together at the same time has come to life!
- While playing as either Stanley or Sydney the other character will join you on your run as an AI controlled player running on dragons, fighting dragon heads and skydiving.
- Your companion can only help you, collecting power-ups, scraps, killing enemies, adding to your combos and helping you kill dragons.
- Companion Mode is now on by default but can be turned on or off in the settings or pause menu at any time to return to classic mode.
Two Player Local Co-Op
- A feature we’ve always dreamed of, playing with Stanley & Sydney simultaneously on the same dragon with 2 players is now a reality!
- A second player can jump into the action at any time by connecting a second controller to take control of the second character including mid run.
- Both players can simultaneously run on the dragon together and fight dragon heads together.
- A second player can only help you, collecting power-ups, scraps, killing enemies, adding to your combos and helping you kill dragons.
- Even with Companion Mode off, connecting a second controller will pop in the other player to join the action.
In Ship Altimeter
- Players can now start their runs from different layers of the atmosphere!
- After unlocking all the powerups in an atmosphere layer players will unlock the next layer in their ship.
- The altimeter can be accessed above the character selection in the ship to scroll through the different layers of the atmosphere.
- 6 Playable tutorials for Stanley & Sydney teaching controls, sword power-ups, dragon bread power-ups & double jump boots.
- A piñata dragon tutorial head sequence.
- New Chipocrite songs for the tutorials and piñata head sequence.
- Players will see tutorials in game and they can also be accessed from the ship’s settings menu to replay.
A Holiday Themed Lobby
- The ship now features character poses and decorations that follow the calendar year.
- For the month of October the ship’s lobby will be Halloween themed.
- For the month of December the ship’s lobby will be Christmas themed.
- From New Years until the end of January the ship’s lobby will be New Years themed.
Credits in Main Menu
- The credits sequence is now accessible from the ship’s setting menu by clicking on the cleaver logo.
- Dragons you haven’t killed yet will be blacked out with “???” for their names.
- The credits sequence features an orchestral version of “The Forever World” from the stratosphere by Yoshimi Kudo & Hitoshi Sakimoto.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Leaves now stack. Players can collect multiple leaves and use them to revive multiple times. There is now always a leaf at the start of EarthNight.
- If you complete the game with leaves they are worth 1000 liters of water each.
- The appraiser now takes you directly to an upgradeable powerup, water tank or costume upon entering his room or clicking on him.
- The appraiser’s screen has an updated design making it more clear what is needed to upgrade or make purchases.
New Fancy Apple Arcade Splash Screens (with a ding!)
Game Center Access Point in the ship’s lobby and settings menu
Bug Fixes & Minor Performance Increases
- Fixed the issue where sometimes players couldn’t upgrade their water tank to 250L of water when using touch controls.
Added a Notification
- A notification for the release of EarthNight 3.0!
Minor Bug Fixes and Improvements
Minor Bug Fixes and Improvements
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CleaverSoft, LLC
- 3.2 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Cleaversoft LLC
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.