***** As written in the NY Times. The free version of Computerworld's "Favorite smartphone apps" *****
Track and follow earthquakes now around the world in real time!
* Live earthquake data delivered quickly to your phone
* International data (USGS, EMSC, GeoNet, Natural Resources Canada, British Geological Survey, GFZ, INGV, KNMI, MNSS, OVSICORI, and GeoScience Australia)
* Tsunami information
* Sort list by Magnitude, Location, or Time
* Full Google Map integration with detailed map view
* Color & size coded pins to see at a glance relevant earthquakes
* Integration within the map to the reporting agencies' website
* Report if you felt an earthquake directly on the USGS website
* Email detailed screenshots of maps and vital details anytime to anyone
* Real time Twitter and Facebook integration! See Tweets related to the earthquake plus Tweet out your own news. Post to Facebook a detailed map & information plus your own comments.
* Optimized for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* Free lifetime updates (Please let us know your suggestions. We love to hear from you and implement most ideas. firstname.lastname@example.org)
** Please check out our other apps, Dog Whistler & Dog Whistler Pro (consistently ranked in top 10), Mobile Caddy (previously chosen as a Staff Favorite), Hurricane Monitor, Air Quality, Thumper, Date Util, Polar Opposite, Earthquake (full version), and Free Metal Detector.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* [fix] issue with push notification registration.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks great; free info is good; if I weren't so cheap, I could adjust settings for a better fit. Glad you separated magnitudes by color, but it seems odd that you used a dark color for the smallest, & a light color (yellow) for the next larger category. It would be more logical for the colors to become more intense as the magnitude becomes more powerful/destructive, so that they stand out. My mind is constantly skipping over the yellows. Maybe it's just the intensity of the yellow? Not sure.
Reliable Data Well Presented
Having fast, accurate data is most helpful. I might like to see a more intuitive Magnitude-to-Color (calm color ofYellow or pale green for low intensity escalating through darker more “serious” - RED as the strongest temblors for example) - but this is purely personal preference. Excellent APP overall and I am glad to have it. Well done. Cheers!
Good and bad
For some reason it won’t let me use the tsunami feature in the app. Even though we got hit by a 8.0 quake this morning it sent me a p-ush notification.
The developer, Mobeezio, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Mobeezio, Inc.
- 12.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Mobeezio