Earthquake Network is the most comprehensive app on earthquakes and for most world countries it is the only earthquake early warning system for receiving real time alerts.
Earthquake Network gives you:
- Real time alerts if you live close to the epicentre
- Alerts seconds in advances if you live far from the epicentre
- Real time user reports on felt earthquakes
- Earthquake data from official seismic networks, 2 international and 16 national (U.S., Japan, Mexico, Chile, Spain, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, China and New Zeland)
The Earthquake Network research project (https://www.sismo.app) aims at developing a smartphone-based earthquake early warning system able to detect earthquakes in real time and to alert the population in advance. Smartphones are able to detect earthquakes thanks to the accelerometer on-board each device. When an earthquake is detected, users with the application installed are immediatly alerted. Since earthquake waves travel at around 5 km/s it is possible to alert the population not yet reached by the damaging waves of the earthquake. For the scientific details about the project please refer to the scientific paper on Frontiers at https://bit.ly/2C8B5HI
When an earthquake is detected in real time by smartphones near the epicenter, the server sends an alert to all users with the app. Alerting all users can take up to 10 seconds since it is not technically feasible to do so instantly. Now you can join the priority lists of the first 10,000 or 100,000 people alerted in real time. The following subscriptions are available:
- Subscription 10k for 1 year
- Subscription 10k for 1 month
- Subscription 100k for 1 year
- Subscription 100k for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions: https://www.sismo.app/terms-conditions
Fixed some bugs on the PRO version and on the priority services.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app! Networking helps to warn ahead!
If people in the network react instantly you can be warned a few seconds ahead. Enough to know that it will almost probably happen si you can decide where to hide or think what you can do next. It takes the guessing out of the way.
I was recommended this app. I have an iphone with the latest ios and the app does not work. When it displays quakes across the world it shows the time incorrectly, 6 hours off from my location. There is no option to change the time or synchronize it with my iphone time. The alarms do not sound on my iphone. The displays are also very old style. I am uninstalling the app because it does not do anything for me. I was looking for something that would give me a real time warning of a quake but that does not seem to exist at present.
Great fast notifications
This app let me know before the war quake happened. The waves of the tremor area slower than the signal speed from towers once someone feels it they report it. So you get fast notifications and at times before the quake
- Francesco Finazzi
- 29.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Francesco Finazzi
- In-App Purchases
- PRO version discounted $1.99
- 1 month priority 10k $0.99
- 1 month priority 100k $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.