For people who want a simpler smartphone.
Set easierphone up for yourself or help others by setting up easierphone for them.
What makes easierphone unique?
- The phone is easier to use with large buttons and a simple navigation.
- Setup as an assistant to help someone else with their phone when they are not next to you.
The functions of easierphone:
- Picture buttons for phone calls
- Reminders for recurring events (e.g. taking medication)
- Emergency button to get help and alert relatives quickly
- Simple calendar
- Handy notepad
- Quick access to websites
If you set up easierphone for someone else, set your own phone up as "Assistant".
If you set up easierphone for yourself, set up your phone for "Main User".
easierphone data is synchronised between linked devices. If you add the accounts of other people to your account, you can edit these accounts with your own device. You can comfortably support several people using easierphone.
Setting up easierphone is free and allows you to add 2 entries for each function.
To add an unlimited number of entries, please upgrade through the in-app purchase.
Bug fix in the phone number registration when adding another user to the account.
Ratings and Reviews
This would be great for my elderly parents except they can’t find the dial pad. It’s buried in the app. “Dial Pad” should be one of the huge buttons. “Speed dial” is what the other one should be called with the pics. Putting too many options under “phone” is too confusing for the elderly. They don’t get the concept of drilling down into an app or menu. If they don’t see it, they assume it doesn’t exist. They also have trouble seeing small print. I do think the “Dial Pad” should be able to be hidden, in case you only want them calling certain people. We aren’t at that point yet though. They would like to easily call a new phone number with a keypad.
Not bad but needs some tweeks
I tried out this app for my Dad who is elderly and finds the iphone confusing. It has some helpful features but also some shortfalls
- simple interface
- ability for a family member to add and update items in contacts, notes, reminders etc remotely
- easy access to emergency family contacts.
- phone app has keypad on a separate hidden screen. An elderly person who can’t remember where it is can only call the stored numbers.
- No access to a private one button 911 call although 911 could be set up in the emergency contacts
- no way to keep this on the screen and prevent user from accidentally backing out unless you set up Guided Access on the iPhone but then you are limited to the small suite of apps within this app
- No access to camera app which is even more important if you have the phone on guided access since the ussr is locked into eaiserphone
- Browser functions are too limited. You can set up nice big buttons for a few favorites but navigating anywhere else is difficult. It has to be done from a search engine and once you go somewhere there is no back button
- to use this you have to pay. The free version is essentially useless since you can only put two entries into each function. The paid version is $10 but if I was going to pay that much the developer would have to fix the shortcomings.
Ultimately it’s probably best to buy a jitterbug since it has none of these issues. I was hopinh to get away with using my Dads iphone 8 which he already has but this app doesn’t really fill his needs
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestions. We are integrating some of them into the next version of Easierphone. With best regards, the Easierphone team
Needs a few settings for USA users
The United States does things a bit backwards from some of the world and this shows in the User Interface which is more geared to an EU country. Some settings needed to be added:
Let weeks go Sunday-Saturday instead of the current Mon-Sun.
Date numerics on the day need to be Month.Day.Year instead of D.MY
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pappy GmbH
- 170.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Pappy GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.