V1.9 Added WiFi transfer, supports TYGEM(.gib) game format, and you can download TYGEM user games directly within EasyGo.
V1.8 Introduced an online repository to download games, problems shared by other users. Print multiple problems per one page.
V1.7.2: Introduced a new Joseki mode. V1.7 Added favorites, tag support, and Fuseki search.
EasyGo is a multi-function go software designed to help you improve your go skills and enjoy the go game:
1. Extensive problems bundled
EasyGo has total 2400 problems bundled ranging from basics, life and death, tesuji and endgame. And the 893 problems on life and death have extensive variations built in to respond to all of your possible moves.
2. A lot of ways to study problems
• Problem Practice - Sort problems by total tried times, wrong times, and win rate. Random swap color and rotate board.
• Problem Test - Take standard test(20 problems in 10 minutes) or custom test, in which you can customize the total problem number, test time.The standard tests for the bundled problems are integrated with game center leaderboard. Test history is saved automatically. And you can review all the problems answered incorrectly later.
• Spaced Repetition System - EasyGo includes a spaced repetition system (SRS) to help you study go problems more effectively. Basically, it works like this: you are shown a problem and you choose “Fail”, “Hard”, or “Easy” according to how well you know it. The system will automatically present the problem again for review in the future. That is, EasyGo works like a flashcard application.
3. Game records browse/edit/replay
EasyGo is also a SGF editor, supporting most of commonly used SGF FF4 properties, and features a node tree view, a variation table. You can use EasyGo to record your own games, create your own problems, and switch to problem mode to test at anytime.
4. Easy import/Export
You can zip all your sgf files and transfer to EasyGo via iTunes file sharing or WiFi transfer.You can also download sgf/zip files from mobile safari and import to EasyGo easily. Mail attachment can also be imported to EasyGo. EasyGo will be installed to handle SGF/ZIP files, and can import files from many mobile app(such as Dropbox).
• Supports browse your games/problems in list or grid view
• Sort games by player name, game date, game name
• Shuffle games or problems
• Bookmark system problems to user library, add any game or problem to favorites, and assign multiple tags to game
• Supports comment edit, add black, add white, add triangle, square, remove node tree, insert node, etc.
• Create a problem by crop part of the current board position
• Rotate and flip game
• Auto replay, speed can be adjusted
• Organize by folders, supports batch edit: move, copy, delete, mail, export to iTunes folder, You can reorder the games by drag the standard iOS order control
• Supports drag and drop to adjust different views, pinch in the comment view to adjust font
• Built in file manager, easily browse iTunes share folder, import sgf, zip files, email files
• Import game by pasting SGF data from clipboard
• Built-in web browser to help import SGF link easily
• Export a single game to other applications via Open In. Export multiple games or folders to a zip file
• Multi user support, view global problem test statistics and per folder problem test statistics
• Choose 12 built in board background images and two stone textures. Custom board background image and stone textures are also supported
Lite version restrictions:
• All the 408 problems from unit 1 to unit 13 in the Basics are available to all the uses to try
• All the problems under “Invasion Joseki” are free
• The first 20% problems in each category are available(max cap 60 problems)
• You can try up to 30 other problems
• Total up to 100 games can be created, edited or replayed.
• Handling a single game to other app via Open In is disabled.
Fixed TYGEM downloading issue.
Ratings and Reviews
All the practice problems work and give someone who has never played before (like me) a good intuitive understanding of the moves and rules through practice. It's no frills but also not annoyingly full of ads which I will take any day. I recommend it!
A best app for viewing kifu
I have both smartgo kifu and easy go. I would say if you only concerns viewing kifu, then easygo is sufficient. It is better in organizing kifu with folders, and it has a full screen mode. Both are very handy. The author of the app is very responsive to inquiries too.
Excellent study tool
Wonderful app with a beautiful, add-free interface. Much thought and good intentions went into the mechanics and options and it shows
- Xiang Zhao
- 18.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © QiQi Studios
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.