Habits define what you do and who you are. EasyHabits allows you to easily change and track your habits.
- Track positive and negative habits
- Chart your progress
- Mark days "off"
- Set Habits to fixed days a week or multiple days a week
- Changed to a better chart
- Chart now shows daily checks instead of average
- Minor fix with notes fields
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unfortunately, bugs can wipe out your data
Definitely a disappointment. I read the couple reviews about it wiping out data, and proceeded to try it anyway. Sure enough, after 2 weeks of no problems, one day half my habits (and all their data) were gone. I had turned off all cloud sharing/syncing options, to make sure there weren’t any problems caused by them. Apparently this doesn’t prevent the problem.
In addition to the show-stopper of a severe data loss bug, the program itself is fairly primitive and limited. Not much in the way of customization or options. You can’t even re-size the window and have it remember the new size. Not worth the money without significant improvements and bug fixes.
Not ready for primetime
I wrote to the developer with the following errors reported. I hope they are fixed.
1) The first place I looked for help was the Help menu. I'm assuming there is a help book registered to the application because Spotlight search for help is available, but choosing the actual Help Book results in an error: "Help isn't available for Easy Habits." If that's the case, why is the option to choose it in the Help Menu?
2) The app opens with no instructions on how to use it.
3) The toolbar is a bit confusing in that it has three items with unrelated functions. There are essentially two view modes (Habits and Reports) that are next to Add Habit, which is not a view mode, but a way to enter data.
4) I noticed that when selecting the calendar icon to switch to a different date, there is no way to dismiss the popover window. It stays open regardless of where you click outside of it. If you click on a date, it will dismiss. But there should be a way to dismiss the popover without selecting a date.
5) When you add a new habit, it is added to the list in alphabetical order. There is no way to arrange the list of habits manually.
6) After adding a new habit, and selecting Undo from the Edit menu, nothing happens. However, if you add a new habit, select Undo from the Edit menu, quit EasyHabits, then re-open EasyHabits the new habit will have disappeared.
7) While you cannot reorder habits, for some reason you can reorder the columns, including the list of habits and the dates. You can move Wednesday before Tuesday, for example. I am not sure what the reason for including this functionality was, and I accidentally did this while trying to see if I could resort the rows in the Habits column. In the same vein, I have accidentally resized the columns, and I don't see the purpose for this either. When resizing the window, you can't see more days in a row, anyhow. And when you maximize the window, it gives an odd amount of space to the Habits column.
8) If you delete a habit by selecting the white X in the red circle that you see when you hover over a habit, the habit disappears. Selecting Undo (which is available) from the Edit menu does not restore the Habit. However, again, quitting and reopening the app after selecting Undo will bring it back.
9) Both the delete and settings icon buttons beneath the Smiley face are in need of an alpha-layer when the button is depressed. The current look is somewhat sloppy.
10) Where is the data? There doesn't seem to be a way to sync any of the data with iCloud or Dropbox, nor is there a way to back it up locally. I am planning to switch internal hard drives soon, and all the data I've entered into the app is nontransferable.
11) When you close the window, the app does not close. However, there is also no way to re-open the window. Closing a window should either close the app or give you the option to re-open the window from the Window menu.
this is the only app i've found that does what this does in an easy and uncluttered way. That being said, just fix the bugs! I have to restart the app everytime i close the window becuase there seems to be no other way to get the main window to appear again, even while the app is still running.
The developer, Orionbelt.com LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.