The only Mac quick resolution switcher with fully animated previews. Quickly and easily select resolutions for any connected screen from the menu bar or from the Yosemite Notification Center. See live animated previews of screen resolutions before selecting them, making it even easier to choose the right resolution size for your needs.
"Resolution switcher's animated previews set it apart" – Macworld
• NEW: Today widget for Yosemite! Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the Notification Center. As a bonus it shows a preview of actual screen arrangement when multiple screens are attached.
• Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the menu bar.
• Live animated previews of how windows will be sized for each screen resolution by simply mousing over the menu (menu bar mode) or selecting a mode (Today widget).
• Resolutions and previews are shown for all connected screens.
• EasyRes fetches all available resolutions for each screen from the system. Note that EasyRes does not have privileges to create new or alternate resolution modes.
• Retina smart: Resolutions are grouped by Retina and non-Retina modes (only when Retina modes are detected by the system).
• HDTV smart: TV resolutions such as 1080p, 1080i, 720p are all listed when available, including refresh rates such as 50Hz/60Hz, making it easy to find the right HDTV resolution.
• Recently selected resolutions are remembered for each screen.
• User-friendly labels are displayed beside resolutions, such as "Best for Retina Display", "Native", "1080p NTSC".
• Labels can be added and customised for any resolution on any screen, making it easy to find your favourite resolutions.
• NEW: Hide resolutions that you are not interested in.
• Option to automatically launch at login.
See a video of EasyRes in action at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nISeFbeBf9k
Ratings and Reviews
Great simple app to get resolution you can’t normally get
This app is just pefect for what it does.
I just bought the LG5k for my MBP 15” touchbar, but could not get higher than 3200x1800 from the default system display pref. Spent 1:30 hour with apple customer support, they did not know why, went to the store, tested with their LG5k monitor and they could not understand why I could not get the full 5120 * 2880. After installing this app, it became obvious that nothing was wrong with the monitor or macbook, but more that Apple decided to not offer over 3200x1800 res for those monitors (offering only the “retina” options). With this app, you can get access to all possible resolutions of your monitor including the 5120 * 2880 (I settled for the one level down 4096 * 2304, as the full 5k is a little bit too small for me on a 27” monitor).
You can even put my laptop monitor at full 3360 * 2100.
Anyway, great app, and best of all free. Not sure what other apps can do better.
Thank you Chris!
You saved me!
I have a 3840x1080 UW and sometimes I like to split my monitor to 1920x1080 on two computers when I'm working. I was using cscreen for this, but Big Sur nerfed it and it no longer allowed me to use a nonstandard resolution. EasyRes allows me to very quickly go back and forth from using half of my monitor during the work day and the full UW screen in the evening.
I know I sound like an ad for EasyRes, but you have no idea how frustrated I was spending half of my day trying to figure out a way to do this after updating to Big Sur!
Super simple yet invaluable - but needs updating
I love EasyRes. I use my Macbook Air with two different external monitors (home & work) and with projectors in three different classrooms. EasyRes makes it much easier to find resolutions that work for each of them, and to "favorite" the ones that work best.
But the app hasn't been updated in a few years. Maybe because it doesn't have bugs. But it should be update to run natively on Apple Silicon, because almost all new Macs sold these days are running the M1 or better.
Many thanks to the developer for providing a great app I use every day.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Chris Miles
- 2.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Bright Vertex. All rights reserved.