The only Mac quick resolution switcher with fully animated previews. Quickly and easily select resolutions for any connected screen from the menu bar or from the Yosemite Notification Center. See live animated previews of screen resolutions before selecting them, making it even easier to choose the right resolution size for your needs.
"Resolution switcher's animated previews set it apart" – Macworld
• NEW: Today widget for Yosemite! Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the Notification Center. As a bonus it shows a preview of actual screen arrangement when multiple screens are attached.
• Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the menu bar.
• Live animated previews of how windows will be sized for each screen resolution by simply mousing over the menu (menu bar mode) or selecting a mode (Today widget).
• Resolutions and previews are shown for all connected screens.
• EasyRes fetches all available resolutions for each screen from the system. Note that EasyRes does not have privileges to create new or alternate resolution modes.
• Retina smart: Resolutions are grouped by Retina and non-Retina modes (only when Retina modes are detected by the system).
• HDTV smart: TV resolutions such as 1080p, 1080i, 720p are all listed when available, including refresh rates such as 50Hz/60Hz, making it easy to find the right HDTV resolution.
• Recently selected resolutions are remembered for each screen.
• User-friendly labels are displayed beside resolutions, such as "Best for Retina Display", "Native", "1080p NTSC".
• Labels can be added and customised for any resolution on any screen, making it easy to find your favourite resolutions.
• NEW: Hide resolutions that you are not interested in.
• Option to automatically launch at login.
See a video of EasyRes in action at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nISeFbeBf9k
Fixed a crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great simple app to get resolution you can’t normally get
This app is just pefect for what it does.
I just bought the LG5k for my MBP 15” touchbar, but could not get higher than 3200x1800 from the default system display pref. Spent 1:30 hour with apple customer support, they did not know why, went to the store, tested with their LG5k monitor and they could not understand why I could not get the full 5120 * 2880. After installing this app, it became obvious that nothing was wrong with the monitor or macbook, but more that Apple decided to not offer over 3200x1800 res for those monitors (offering only the “retina” options). With this app, you can get access to all possible resolutions of your monitor including the 5120 * 2880 (I settled for the one level down 4096 * 2304, as the full 5k is a little bit too small for me on a 27” monitor).
You can even put my laptop monitor at full 3360 * 2100.
Anyway, great app, and best of all free. Not sure what other apps can do better.
Thank you Chris!
does what it says
I'm using this to get smooth 60fps screen captures from Keynote presentations. At the full resolution of my iMac (5K), the animations stutter and capture isn't smooth. But using EasyRes, I'm able to dial it the screen down to 1080p (which is what I want my video to be anyway) and the animations and recording are buttery smooth. No hitches switching the resolution either way, and when I'm done everything on the Mac is just how it was when I started.
Meets My Requirement
I needed to get more resolutions out of my primary MacBook Pro display. I am a developer and I need to have more screen real estate; more than Apple's scaling with the most text. I don't care for it being retina resolution or not. With this app, I am able to get more text in my screen albeit at 1x non retina resolution. It is not a problem, and if I ever change my mind later on, with this same app I can choose the previously used Apple retina resolution.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.