Turn your mobile device into an easyTekTM control center: The Signia/Siemens easyTek App allows you to control your easyTek & hearing aids and how they interact with all of your favorite audio devices. Whether it is watching TV, listening to music or talking on a Bluetooth phone – control is easy and discreet via the easyTek app.
The app will only provide all the functions when used with an easyTek streaming accessory and configured by your hearing health specialist. The app is only compatible with the latest generation of Signia/Siemens 7px, 5px, 3px, 7bx, 5bx, 3bx, Orion2 and Teneo+ hearing aids. Click the Developer Website link at the bottom of this page for all compatible products.
• Manually control the focus direction of the hearing aid microphones.
• Connect audio sources quickly and easily.
• Battery status of your hearing aids and easyTek is clearly displayed.
• Change hearing programs without the need to touch your easyTek.
• Change the volume easily and discreetly.
• Adjust bass & treble to balance the quality of sound.
• Easily manage the volume of your tinnitus program.
The easyTek app is a tool whereby the patient can adjust convenience functions of a hearing aid, within a framework given by a hearing health specialist, e.g., ENT doctor, audiologist or acoustician.
The easyTek App is compatible with iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, iPod touch 5th Gen and iPad running iOS 8.1 or higher public release.
Hearing aid compatibility:
The easyTek App is only compatible with the latest generation of Signia/Siemens 7px, 5px, 3px, 7bx, 5bx, 3bx, Orion2 and Teneo+ hearing aids. A full list of compatible hearing aids can be found by clicking the 'Visit Website' link at the bottom of this page.
easyTek and easyTek App:
The easyTek App fully supports the easyTek and its audio streaming capabilities. If easyTek is not present, access to the most basic features is available by acoustic operation.
The easyTek App enables you to adjust the hearing instruments with the following functions if configured by your hearing care professional.
The easyTek App generates short control signals when used in touchControl mode which may be audible.
To ensure correct operation and for safety reasons:
1. While using the app do not hold the loudspeaker of this device to your ears or the ears of others.
2. While using the app do not use the device with headphones, headsets or other audio playback devices.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE MANUAL OF THE HEARING AIDS BEFORE USING THIS APP.
Sivantos GmbH is a trademark licensee of Siemens AG
Sivantos GmbH, Henri-Dunant-Strasse 100, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Sivantos GmbH is under licenses. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
• Spatial Configurator incorporated in stand alone mode
• General bug fixing and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I'm in the trial phase of Siemens Signia aids. The easyTec interface with iPhone 6 is a constant annoyance. It switches from universal to music program whenever I turn on my phone. With my mail and messaging apps set to notify with sounds, I got beeps every time I got an email or a message. The only way to avoid that was to turn off the sound alerts in my apps. I want the sound alerts from my phone, but not constantly in my ears. When I finish listening to an audio stream, it doesn't automatically go back to the listening program; I have to turn off the easyTec and turn it back on to reconnect and get back into my listening program. When reconnecting, I get "device volume not loud enough" and have to turn up my phone volume louder than I want it. I've had years of experience with Oticon streamers and never had these issues with my iPhone. To avoid the frustration, I've ended up only using the easyTec for TV listening and audio streaming. Otherwise I turn it off. The app is useful in "Use as Touch Only" mode for changing programs and volume control. I haven't found the Bass/Treble adjustment makes much difference.
Negative feedbacks help you grow
1. The icons showing the battery status are inaccurate and freeze all the time. Even after charged all night the icon still shows empty.
2. Syncing is not constant. I use the hearing aide for listening to programs on my iPad and the sound would disappear from time to time. I had to reset it in order to get it back and some times even reset doesn't work.
3. You need to make improvement immediately otherwise your customers will leave you for your competitors.
4. I wrote a review and after submitted it says 'nickname is taken' and the whole writing disappears! I scrolled to the bottom and did not see that name was taken. What is going on? Very disappointing!
Unreliable app, sometimes works, often does not
This app has not been updated in over two years. I have an iPhone X, and the app constantly cycles between programs, beeping in my hearing aids 8-12 seconds apart.
I have had Signia Primax hearing aids and EasyTek for 30 months. EasyTek continually loses the Bluetooth connection with the phone. More perplexing, even when Settings>Bluetooth indicates that the phone is paired, yet the EasyTek App is not paired and will not pair with the hearing aids themselves. This condition cannot be reliably changed, that is, communication between the App and the aids cannot be reliably established. When this happens, one reboots the aids, the EasyTek and the iPhone, and still, communication between the App and the aids cannot be reliably established.
Finally, the pairing of the iPhone to the aids for the purpose of hearing a phone call through the aids and speaking through the EasyTek is very good, but again it is unreliable. Callers complain that they cannot hear what I say, so I have to switch the audio from EasyTek to Speaker. At times there are wedges of the conversation missing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.