EatOkra is your guide to finding black-owned restaurants and food trucks. If you'd like to support local black-owned businesses, or maybe just find a new favorite place to eat, download the EatOkra app!.
Listings in NYC, Los Angeles, the Bay Area, St. Louis, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, Houston & Dallas, Portland, Detroit, Minneapolis, Jacksonville, Newark, Austin, Memphis, Seattle, and much more!
- Find Food Near You - Find black-owned restaurants and food trucks
- Discover hot new and treasured black-owned restaurants in and outside your area
- Order from your favorite delivery app
- Filter restaurant search results by distance, delivery, category and open
- Find restaurant addresses, phone numbers, and websites
- Conveniently navigate to restaurants
- Events feature to spotlight events and event participants ex. Black Restaurant Week
- Bookmark a restaurant as my favorites or save for later
- Rate and Review a restaurant based on your past experience
- Save restaurants in your preferred collections
- Shop and browse condiments using our marketplace
- Read stories about the history of our restaurant partners
We update the EatOkra app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable, and useful for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you'll find in the latest update:
- Performance improvements
- Visual improvements
- User Account Management
- Apple & Google sign up option
- Guest Access (no sign up required to access our directory!)
- Filter by outdoor seating
- Minor Bug fixes
Love the app? Rate us! We value your feedback!.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential app for Black food & cultural experience
Apps like Yelp and Google review show you search results curated and catered to white audience. Furthermore they are primarily ad revenue driven making it impossible for small black owned business to compete with large chains.
EatOkra is a sleek, beautifully designed app that shows you a curated list of authentic black owned restaurants for your black culinary curiosities. It helps black business that are customarily underserved by the large Silicon Valley apps.
Download it. Use it. It good food. And don’t be racist.
Great for black owned businesses
I was very excited to see that they had an app for black owned businesses. I like to go out to eat a lot especially since it’s summer now. But I feel like the app doesn’t give enough options to filter. Like if I want a restaurant that is a dine in location. I can’t tell what type of restaurant it is unless I actually search the restaurant to find out more info. Sometimes when you click on something it doesn’t open. I don’t understand what some of the icons mean when there orange. There doesn’t seem to be any ratings or reviews for the restaurants for me to no if it’s worth my time. I know that the app will be updated soon and I hope that it’s better because I want to support our people.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for taking the time write this review. Our new app version was approved so you should be able to update. I hope it provides a better experience for you. We are working on ways to make the information clearer and provide more filtering options. Please leave us feedback as we are always looking to satisfy our app users and bring more customers to our business owners. We now have ratings and reviews so it will take some time for people to start documenting their experiences, but we have always had a rating system. Your the first to ask about filtering by dining type, i will make sure it gets added to our development roadmap. Currently you can filter by delivery. ~ Anthony, CEO, Co-Founder
Great so far!
Was so glad to have this app when we rolled out of a Common concert and were looking for Soul food. No more driving around in hope. Took only a couple of minutes to learn our first choice was closed so we drove right on to the second choice which had a kitchen open for another hour. The chicken and waffles was great and there was a great DJ to help us dance it off! Great app!! Folks, load it up so we can find each other!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.