COMPLETE IN-HOME LIGHTING CONTROL, AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Manage, customize, and control your HALO Home products and devices, from your fingertips. With HALO Home’s new app, you can start enjoying your HALO Home system or product, even if WiFi isn’t available. Simply install your fixture, and set preferences from your device using a Bluetooth connection. Schedules and settings are saved locally on your device, and function with or without the Internet (or even your phone) nearby.
GETTING STARTED IS EASY
Besides this app, you’ll need:
• A HALO Home compatible light fixture or switch
• A Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet
OPTIONAL ANYWHERE, ANYTIME CONTROL*
Purchase the HALO Home Internet Access Bridge for global, remote access to your HALO Home system. Automatic clock synchronization makes it easy to schedule your lights in any time zone, and with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, you can even add voice control (in certain regions.)
OTHER HALO HOME PRODUCTS & ACCESSORIES
Get the most out of your smart lighting, with a range of indoor and outdoor fixtures, controls, and accessories. It’s easy to create a smart lighting system that enhances your home’s safety, convenience, and comfort.
Learn more about products, or get technical support at www.eaton.com/halohome.
*Depending on your devices and/or region/country, some features may require an upgraded account, purchase of additional devices, and/or may be unavailable (e.g., Amazon Echo). For dimming, color changing, devices must offer those functions. Please check product packaging for details on the account features that come with your purchase.
⁃Dimming Percentage Indicator
⁃Improved Schedule flow
⁃Improved Cloud Data Sync
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app is definitely the first version. While I understand the technical limitations, this app is missing UX polish that would give it 5 stars.
1. Why does the app have to reconnect everytime I open it? Shouldn't the app continue running in the background, thus never lose connection.
2. Why can't the devices or scenes detect which ones are on our off? Currently I have two scenes, both with the same lights, but different colors. The app may show both scenes are on at the same time, which is impossible. It shouldn't be hard to poll the devices to get their current state, and then decide which devices and scenes are on our off based on their state.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for providing excellent feedback.
(1) The system utilizes a mesh networking topology on top of Bluetooth. This means that it's not a session-based system like traditional apps. So, every time the app opens, it searches for the nearest member of the mesh and connects. This mesh topology is the reason the system functions without Wi-Fi or Internet required.
(2) We are making improvements to devices communicating current state directly to the mobile app, which will address your concern.
Thank you again for your feedback.
The HALO Home Team
OMG! This app is Sooo bad.
I made the decision to buy these Eaton lights with the hopes of updating my whole house IN. SPITE of the comments figuring people didn’t know how to use it. Bad decision. At every update the app gets all fuggered up and looses devises (I have 6). Create a scene great, delete a scene.....I can’t find a way. Every three or 4 weeks I have to add all my devices again for no reason and it seems to “forget” my dimmer setting and I have to redo that (that might be the lights fault). Complete lack of control for last week so finally reloaded app....now it shows I have twice as many devices? What? Oh well had high hopes for halo products but definitely won’t be going through the house. I will probably toss these and eat the loss and buy another brand having the color temp switch. Lights shouldn’t be this aggravating
Developer Response ,
We apologize that you experienced issue while the app was being updated. Even through these updates, all the settings and memory remains on each device via flash memory. If you are still experiencing any issues please reach out to our team at 800-334-6871 (M-F 8am-5pm EST) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every time I try to register it says login error check internet connection and try again. I had to end the app restart it and after multiple times trying, finally got logged in. However Bluetooth doesn’t work. Even after cycling power for the light and restarting phone and app. I even went outside and held it next to the floodlight, tried a few feet away, and then 10 feet away. I got it free from a lighting supplier as a trial item. Good thing, because I would have taken it back if I paid for it! It’s a bright light that I will need to put on a switch. Unfortunate that I couldn’t use the Bluetooth through my phone. You definitely need to work out the bugs, and thoroughly test product before shipping out!!
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you had a poor out-of-the-box experience and want to ensure your satisfaction.
Please contact our Customer Service. Customer service is available 8am-5pm EST; call 800-334-6871, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Eaton Corporation
- 134.5 MB
Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2017 Eaton Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.