ecobee makes it easier for you to maximize comfort and savings without compromising your lifestyle. With the ecobee app, you could enjoy whole home comfort by adjusting your lights and temperature settings anytime, anywhere. Away from home? Make sure you’re saving energy when it counts, and keep tabs on the rooms that matter most.
You can use the ecobee app to:
- Breeze through installation. Videos and diagrams walk you through each step.
- Stay comfortable. Set up your comfort schedule and preferences to your liking.
- Get peace of mind. Adjust your temperature, lighting, and preferences anywhere, anytime. Turn wayward light
- Save energy. Switch your ecobee thermostat from Home to Away mode, and by turn any wayward lights off.
- Keep everybody else happy, even when you’re away. Adjust settings for a house-sitter, or turn on the lights to reassure a nervous pup.
Because we never take our users’ feedback (and fiery wit) for granted, we want more of your thoughts. email@example.com
We update the app regularly to ensure the best experience for you. This version features enhanced support for the all-new SmartThermostat with voice control, and also contains many other bug fixes and improvements.
Let us know what you think of this update at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this product, and I’ve had it for more than 3 years!
I installed my ecobee 2 more than 3 years ago. I did have an issue with the first remote sensor, but after contacting support, they sent me an additional one and it works flawlessly. I relocated the original sensor to a room adjacent to the thermostat and it now works as expected also. I have had times where I could not connect with my thermostat via the iPhone app, but I could not connect with other apps at my home at that same time, indicating that my very poor internet connection was temporarily down. I can find no fault with the ecobee app, and I have found their support to be extremely good. They talked me through an issue that was similar to the “learning” that a competing product performed that I did not want. I would certainly recommend this product, and would definitely buy another if I ever need a new thermostat! However, it seems unlikely that I will need a new one as this one does everything I want it to and more. Additionally, I find this product much more cosmetically pleasing on the wall than other similar products. The LED display is not too bright in the dark, yet bright enough to easily read in daylight.
Worse and worse with every update
When I bought this product several years ago it worked fine. Really. Always connected, fonts contrasty, right size, simple and logical interface. Nothing fancy, just right. It looked like the company hired good professionals to write it. Then the updates started to come. Good Lord! One worse then another. Fonts get smaller, sometimes you cannot see light gray font on the white background, interface got less logical, suddenly it would ask for a password, etc. And if that would be not enough recently it started to just hand there forever not connecting.... When I bough it it worked so good that I did a foolish thing to recommend it to many friends. Now I get calls from them when it does not work, or their mothers when they need to change something and dont remember which screen. Looks like company decided to save money, fired the developers and hired a stupid cousin of a their bookkeeper daughter-in-law from 8th grade... So, dont make my mistake - if you bought it you have no choice but suffer for your naivete, but God forbid you recommend anybody else to buy this... And to the Ecobee programmers - go back to school, guys. Or not - nobody who bought this would buy newer hardware version anyway....
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reaching out, Alex. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with the ecobee app and recent updates. We're always looking to improve based on customer feedback. Please send an email to email@example.com if need any assistance with your ecobee, I am always here to help. Truly sorry for any inconvenience!
Works with annoying flaws
- Other users: Do NOT update your app. They now have a new screen where you have to select your device in order to change the settings. Before updating you could simply open the app and there, immediately, was your thermostat. Suggestion: do NOT force the user to select their device to access it—work to get rid of clicks, not add more unnecessary clicks. (I know, I know... you’re just trying to get people to buy more devices from you)
Want to still have the list of devices? Bury it in another place. But don’t have the list be annoyingly front and center.
- Have the schedule before more than 1 week. Surprise: most people no longer work the same schedule every week (example: firefighters). Usually schedules are the same for two weeks or even monthly. Suggestion: changing the weekly schedule is very annoying... have it go out at minimum two weeks.
- Overall, the Nest is much better but sadly it doesn’t work on my HVAC system. ☹️
Developer Response ,
Thanks for reaching out, Beau. My apologies for any confusion with the new ecobee app. Please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for help setting it up. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback about having a weekly schedule as we're always looking to improve.
- 224.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ecobee inc. 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.