I’m very happy with this app. It provides a standardized format for data entry in the field and minimizes editing and production of professional quality data sheets in the office. I estimate that when data is written by hand in a field notebook, on average 30-60 minutes is needed in the office to create electronics data sheets, proofread, edit and finalize. With Ecobot, each data sheet requires just a few minutes of office time to finalize.
Several features of this app stand out that are worth mentioning:
- the app can be used for delineations in any Corps district. Once the region is selected, the appropriate vegetation list, hydrology and Hydric soil indicators, and data sheet format are automatically selected.
- basic project info is entered once then can be copied to all subsequent data sheets for that project.
- the app can pull up online soil survey and NWI data to populate those fields.
- 50/20 and other vegetation calculations are automatically calculated.
- plant species can be entered through a call up menu with appropriate indicator status. If you don’t have a positive ID in the field you can enter a colloquial name to record data and edit later when the plant has been definitively identified.
The Ecobot team provides great customer service. Any questions or concerns are addressed immediately. They are clearly committed to providing a quality product and are responsive to suggestions on how to improve the app.