TouchArcade 4½ Stars - "Environments and sound effects are breathtaking, controls like a dream!"
148Apps 4 Stars - "The kind of mobile game you’ll want to show off to others!"
Pocket Meta 4½ Stars -"Very fun, beautiful and highly immersive!"
Popular Mechanics - "Oh hell yes, this is the dog-fighting sci-fi space flight simulator we've been waiting for!"
Mac Life - "Stellar visuals, fans of space shooters - especially the Rogue Squadron series - will easily fall in love!"
In Edge Of Oblivion: Alpha Squadron 2, you get the chance to jump into the cockpit of a powerful starfighter and join the galaxy's most daring pilots as they face off against the evil Hadian Empire. You'll engage in perilous battles against hordes of enemy fighters, lumbering mechs, gigantic tanks and huge capital ships. Aerial conflict takes place in a variety of beautifully rendered environments including snow, deserts, highlands, oceans, volcanic lava fields, alien cities, amazing deep space locations and even the interior of a massive space station. Watch out for dangerous combat hazards such as space mines and asteroids as you fight your way to victory in each of the eight starfighters, bombers and assault craft at your disposal. Edge Of Oblivion features stunning visuals and sound, be prepared to immerse yourself in an intense action-arcade experience!
Astonishing 3D details include fully rendered cockpit interiors, real time lighting and special effects (explosions, smoke, engine glow, tracer fire and more). Features fast and furious space, air-to-air and air-to-ground combat that immerses you completely in the game! Each starfighter comes with many different configurations, allowing you to choose the best match for your combat style! Features retro inspired space and atmospheric battles in the tradition of the STAR WARS™: ROGUE SQUADRON 3D series of games and includes two campaigns and over 80 missions including an insane survival mode!
With an epic storyline that will keep you glued to your seat and a medal/rank system that will make you want to play again and again to score a gold, you will not want to put this one down! Includes MFI gamepad support!
NON-LINEAR OPEN WORLD FLIGHT COMBAT
• Not ON-RAILS, fly wherever you wish and take on secondary mission objectives
• Intelligent enemies that learn from your combat style and team up with each other to try and defeat you
• Many different enemy types, including fighters, bombers, interceptors, giant mechs and tanks
AMAZING BATTLE ENVIRONMENTS WITH REALISTIC WEATHER FX
• Beautifully rendered space and planetary locations including sprawling deserts, alien cities and volcanic lava fields
• Experience different times of night or day and weather effects such as volumetric clouds, rain and snow
• Several different camera modes that let you view the 3D action however you wish
BATTLE GIANT ENEMY BOSSES IN AN EPIC STORY
• Take on gigantic bosses, massive battle cruisers, enormous tanks and destroy a galactic superweapon
• A story packed with twists, betrayal, mystery and revenge
• Fully voiced characters throughout the game
DIFFERENT WAYS TO CONTROL THE ACTION AND YOUR INTELLIGENT WINGMEN
• Control schemes to fit any taste, including on-screen touchpads, tilt control & even bluetooth gamepads
• Give commands to your wingmen during battle and watch them exterminate your enemies
• Several different gameplay modes including two story campaigns, dogfight missions and survival mode!
If you love this game and want to see more please rate it!
Note: Game will not run on devices with less than 512 MB of ram. Second campaign and some craft require in-app purchase.
The game is now FREE to try! In FREE trial mode you have access to the first story mission and three training missions before purchasing the full version. There is no time limit, ads or other such limitations for the trial version. If you had previously purchased the game and then re-installed it, just go to the first mission click on "Market" in the hangar and then click "Restore Purchases". Anyone having difficulty restoring their game this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve it for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost impossible to control
After 30 minutes in the first tutorial, I still can't control it with any precision. I tried the accelerometer, gave up and tried the on-screen pad, but both were very difficult to control. I was also very excited because it had a game controller option, but it doesn't work at all with my Bluetooth game controller made by ipega. Please add icade control so we can use our Bluetooth game controllers!
UPDATE: The guy who smugly says we actually don't have to buy it twice, you're wrong. I've read the app description previously and tried to restore the game through the market in the hanger. Flat out, it DOES NOT WORK! No matter how many times I press the restore button, nothing happens. Nada, zip! So again, don't let these jerks rip you off, folks.
The developers should be ashamed of themselves! I bought this game when it was first released and have enjoyed playing it a bit here and there ever since. Now they decide to make it a F2P piece of trash and I'm locked out of everything but the first mission unless I pay them another $4.99?! These developers are criminals, and Apple should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen. Don't give these crooks your money!
Excellent. Best flying game on iPad.
This has a retro feel to it, but it looks great in motion, ultra high frame rate. Really digging the spaceship designs and all the different skins they come with.
Gameplay is great, things can get pretty hectic with targets all around you in the sky and on the ground, but setting difficulty to easy in options helps a lot.
- Martian Monkey LLC
- 569.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Martian Monkey LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- UNLOCK GAME(Edge Of Oblivion: Alpha Squadron 2) $4.99
- E22 Assault Fighter $2.99
- Second Mission Campaign $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.