Editing Faster for Final Cut Pro X is a video tutorial series that was created to help you improve your skills and maximize your efficiency when editing in Apple’s Final Cut Pro X editing software.
This tutorial assumes basic familiarity with Apple’s Final Cut Pro X editing software and is presented in 11 highly-focused learning modules that can be followed along with using our provided media.
Work with Speed & Efficiency in Final Cut Pro X
• Learn more efficient methods for selecting & pasting clips
• Learn essential keyboard commands for editing on the fly
• Use 3-point edits to control clip placement & duration
• Quickly replace clips in the timeline with other clips
• Use the Range Selection tool for a number of useful editing tasks
• Add Gap Clips to control your project timing
• Override the Magnetic Timeline using the Position tool
• Control the placement of Connected Clips & Storylines
• Merge Connected Clips & Storylines
• Work with Compound Clips to create reusable graphics
• Apply speed effects to Compound Clips
• Learn how to replace multiple transitions & titles at once
Learn at your own pace
• 11 lessons covering a wide spectrum of editing workflows
• Chapter markers are included for jumping to specific topics
• Keyboard helper overlays help you remember important shortcuts
• Lessons are short - about 5 -10 minutes each
• Watch them continuously or just a few at a time
Learn Final Cut Pro from within Final Cut Pro (FCP 10.4.3 or later)
• App is compliant with Final Cut Pro’s Workflow Extension architecture
• Work with our tutorial directly within Final Cut Pro X
• Launch the app with a single click from Final Cut Pro’s menu bar
• No need to switch between two different apps
Have fun learning
• Lessons are delivered by Steve Martin; a leading Final Cut Pro X guru
• Follow along as you learn better ways to do things
Working Faster for Final Cut Pro X will help you to:
• Focus on telling your story rather than wrestling with software
• Learn concepts you can immediately apply to your own videos
• Spend less time editing
Make better movies and have fun making them with Working Faster for Final Cut Pro X
Updated Screenshots, App Preview, and Intro lesson to reflect change to logo in the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Holy Heck, THIS works!
Finally, a way to learn FCP X that's as smart as the program itself!
Steve and Mark's Ripple Training has long been considered the "class of the pack" in FCP X training. And so it's awesome that they've just released a training tool that you can install DIRECTLY into your FCP X interface in the form of this Workflow Extention.
Workflow Extentions came in FCP X 10.4.5 - and let you access hugely useful operational knowledge, instantly, WHILE you are editing.
Editing Faster in FCP X — does EXACTLY what it promises. These lessons will help ANY editor, new or very experiened, master the type of keyboard shorcuts and magnetic editing operations that will help you fly through your projects.
I've been editing in X since day one and consider myself a very advanced FCP X editor, and even I picked up (or was reminded of) efficiency techniques that I had either forgotten or just hadn't needed lately.
For someone coming to X for the first time, THIS wil be a "must have" way to demystify and accellerate your enjoyment of FCP X editing.
I can't recommend this enough!
Great job, Ripple Training!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.