Please note: this app has been discontinued so there will be no further updates.
IMPORTANT: This app requires the Editmote Preference Pane to be installed and running on your Mac. Editmote only operates over wi-fi and the Mac and iOS device MUST be on the same network. You can download it from http://www.digitalrebellion.com/editmote.
Editmote also assumes you are using the default keyboard layout for your editing app. Use the Keyboard Layout tab in the preference pane to modify the defaults.
Editmote is an iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch remote control for your editing system.
It ships with keyboard layouts for Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore, Prelude, SpeedGrade, QuickTime Player 7 and X, Blackmagic Media Express, DaVinci Resolve, Motion, REDCINE-X and VLC for Mac. Additional apps can be easily added from the preference pane.
Operate the playhead, add markers, set in and out points, adjust the volume, trim and navigate your timeline - all from the comfort of your screening room couch.
Editmote is an essential tool for editors that simplifies screening your project.
1. Download the Editmote Preference Pane from http://www.digitalrebellion.com/editmote onto your editing machine and double-click to install it.
2. Once the preference pane launches, put the switch in the On position.
3. If you have set up a custom keyboard layout for your editing application, set this up in the Keyboard Layouts tab.
4. Launch Editmote on your iOS device.
5. Select the name of your computer in the list.
6. Make sure a supported app is running and use the controls to remotely operate the application.
Note that not every button is functional on every application - for example, QuickTime Player has no marker capabilities so the marker buttons do nothing when pressed while QuickTime Player is running.
7. Customize the button layout to fit your needs by going to the Actions button and tapping Edit Button Layout. When in edit mode, tap a button to choose a different function for that button from a list. When finished, tap the Done button.
IMPORTANT: You must update to the latest version of the Editmote Preference Pane to get the new features: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/editmote
* New buttons: Zoom Timeline to Fit, FCPX Connect and Append
* New gesture: Shake
* Fixed an issue that could prevent the keyboard appearing when naming a user button on iOS 5
* If a user-defined function has been renamed, the new name is now shown in the gesture view when performing that command
* Several UI tweaks
* Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app! but i was just informed by apple that it will not work with ios 11. i would love to keep using it, so is there any way to update editmote?
Functional and Hilarious
Great app that works as advertised. Setup is as simple as it gets. Honestly, I initially purchased this to prank my coworkers in adjacent edit suites.
This app is well worth $5 whether you use it for business or pleasure.
Works great, fun for clients
It's always a good idea to put your client in a good mood before they have a screening, and showing them how to control the edit system from an iPad is a good first step. I think once the novelty wears off, this will still be a very useful tool for screenings:
The controls work very well
- there is no noticeable delay between hitting a button and FCP responding.
Markers are very useful for clients suggesting edits
Pretty cool for $5
I've only used this on FCP7 so far.
The developer, Digital Rebellion LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Digital Rebellion, LLC
- 10.2 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Digital Rebellion LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.