eDrawings Viewer is the only CAD viewer for Mac which delivers a premier 3D viewing experience for non CAD professionals. eDrawings Viewer enables anyone to quickly and easily view, print and review native eDrawings and SOLIDWORKS files in addition to AutoCAD DWG and DXF files. eDrawings is an email-enabled communication tool that dramatically eases the sharing of product design information. You can load and send files via email to collaborate more effectively with everyone involved in product development, including people who are not regular CAD software users to interpret and understand 2D and 3D designs.
eDrawings enables 2D & 3D product evaluation and collaboration through the MarkUp, Measure and Section tools. With dynamic sectioning collaborators can see any internal or external view of the design they require and mark-up enables them to give precise and contextual feedback.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), web and FTP sites, network drives
* Zoom, pan and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data
* Interrogate designs and collaborate with precision using Measure, MarkUp and Section functionality
* Animate 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views.
* Browse your assembly components tree, configurations and drawing sheets
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
For more information, visit:
Fix displaying of decals
Fix opening SolidWorks documents with unicode characters in filename.
Additional Bug Fixes
Support for SolidWorks 2019 File Format
Ratings and Reviews
Necessary, but crashes a lot, and is unintuitive.
Glad that it exists, but it really does crash a lot, and the user interface doesn’t follow Mac UI standards / expectations.
When you have to have it (to view what the Windows users have created), then you have to have it, but it’s pretty frustrating to use.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for getting in touch regarding the app. If you have time, please share any suggestions you have for improving the user interface using the link below. Additionally, please report any crashes so that we may investigate them further.
eDrawings Support Team
Dassault Hates Mac Users
I downloaded this program because SolidWorks (which I didn't want to pay for) told me to download it so I could convert a SolidWorks file my friend sent me into an stl file and 3d print it.
That functionality is apparently Windows only.
This thing literally had one job and it expects me to get a whole new computer to do it.
If you need to convert SolidWorks files, just do what I eventually did and use an online converter.
Will not export vector to PDF
So i use to use this program for designing graphics by out puting cad drawings to pdf for the vector line art of the product for packageing designs. Now Eproting pdfs are all bitmap and no longer useful.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 67.2 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 1999-2019 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.