A complete 3D chess experience in HD. Rotate to adjust the board to any viewing angle. Watch as your Queen moves in real time to its destination and obliterates the opposing piece. Play online or locally against your friends, family and other chess enthusiasts.
- 3D board and pieces with the ability to rotate to any view
- Play against a computer opponent
- 2 player local mode
- Play online versus your friends
- Official FIDE (Elo) rating system
- 4 different 3D environments
- 2D piece set option for 2D mode
- 3D lock view button
- Online leaderboard
- Multiplayer chat
- Online games can be played at any pace and your opponent does not need to be online to play
- Lobby notifications to notify you when your game is joined or a move is made
- Save and load previous games
- PGN export and load
- Varying computer opponent difficulty.
- FICS (freechess.org) integration.
- Fixed FICS game issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Just bought it, I'm really impressed.
I've been testing out all of the other bugs that everyone else mentioned I haven't seen a thing. It's not flawless, but they've definitely been listening to the feedback. Most of the really obvious errors have been taken care of. Well done! I think it's the best and cheapest here on the app store.
I played this game several times a day for about 2 months when it suddenly froze mid game and, a few days later, remained frozen in place. Reloaded it after deleting hoping a reset would work, but it failed.
This is a shame, because I liked it real well. I don’t need or want a lot of bells and whistles. Just a simple computer chess game with a redo moves feature and many levels of difficulty. PC’s always came with something like this standard, now I’m on iMac and can’t find anything remotely similar.
Don't listen to the negative reviews. The game looks good, plays smooth, and it's only $.99. One thing I really like is the difficulty can be finely adjusted. There aren't just three or five difficulty settings. It's a slidng scale so you can increase or decrease as little or as much as you want. It was exactly what I was looking for. Way better than the stock Chess that came with my Mac.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.