Eggy Words 250 is an application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This app covers the first 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading – comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words 250 is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 10 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 250 sight words.
- First 4 levels are unlocked
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
Update to work with 64-bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need to update app! iTunes warning says!
When I opened this app in 2017, a message from iTunes pops up that states, "this app may slow down your iPad; app developer needs to update this app to make it function better..." Reading Eggs itself is a great product but this app needs updating!!
It's just okay.
1. There's not a lot of variety in the game play. There are two games; catch the egg that matches the word, and spell the word.
2. It leaves the word you're trying to catch UP on the screen; it'd be better if the first five catches the word was there, but it disapears after a certain amount of time.
3. It takes TOO LONG to move on and get a reward! When you find the word ten times, it shouldn't KEEP GOING, that doesn't keep kids' attention...they get bored and drift off. Mine kept asking how many more he had to do. There should be a change of skill set at a successful spotting of 10; do another skill, then on. Looking for the same word 20 times? Boring. The rewards don't come soon enough.
4. A reward of more turns (spotty eggs, puzzle pieces) isn't a very good reward. Those should be used to unlock a new activity involving the same words. You can even do the same concept, different application: make the words hidden in a story page; you could even keep your same theme: find 10 instances of the word 'came' in the farm, in the barn, in the pasture, in the kitchen, etc. More variety, reinforcing the word but keeping it interesting.
This isn't BAD for $3.00, but there's not enough variety of play to make it through all 250 words, and that's a shame.
Took my money
I've already paid for upgrades a long time ago. Reopened and they want me to rebuy eggs I've already paid to unlock. Not nice.
The developer, Blake eLearning, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 88.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.