EGW Writings 2 4+
Ellen G. White
Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
Designed for iPad
EGW Writings 2 application enables you to read, search, and listen to the complete published writings of Ellen G. White. Multiple additional resources are available such as 14 Bible versions, including the King James Version of the Bible. Plus, several Dictionaries including 1828 Noah Webster’s American Dictionary. With over 800,000 pages of resources available in the EGW Writings 2 app, it is the most complete Adventist resource available. The app continues our line of successful EGW Writings free apps for iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, and iPod Touch developed by the Ellen G. White Estate.
What’s new in Version 7:
* Syncing of Study Center data and user history through EGW Cloud
* My Library
* Updated bookshelf layout
* Updated reader layout
* New reader toolbar
* Additional color themes and much more
* Advanced Search:
- search in collections: All Collections, Compilations, Lifetime Works
- ordered search
* New Book Covers
* Numerous bug fixes
About the Author:
Ellen G. White (1827-1915) is considered the most widely translated American author. Her works having been published in more than 160 languages. Guided by the Holy Spirit, she exalted Jesus and pointed to the Scriptures as the basis of one’s faith. Ellen White wrote on a wide variety of spiritual and practical topics, from spiritual, to health, education, ministry, financial and marital advice. Her best known most translated work is Steps to Christ, followed by the 5 Conflict of the Ages series: Patriarchs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, Desire of Ages, Acts of the Apostles, and The Great Controversy. Ellen G. White is also credited as one of the 3 cofounders of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
* 120 Ellen G. White title’s
* Complete Published Writings title list: https://www.whiteestate.org/cdrom/cdrom.asp
* 6-volume Ellen G. White biography
* 21 Ellen G. White Devotionals
* 167 Ellen G. White Pamphlets
* 5,000 Ellen G. White Periodical articles
* 9347 Letters and Manuscripts Files (in 25 bound volumes)
* 13 Ellen G. White Miscellaneous Collections
* 21-volume Ellen G. White Manuscript Releases
* King James Version Bible (plus 11 other versions)
* 1828 Noah Webster’s American Dictionary
* App now supports 137 languages
* Read or search either online or offline
* Sync reading and listening history with EGW Cloud
* Sync Study Center with EGW Cloud
* New Bookshelf layout with customizable display
* 4 major Collections all color coded
*EGW in Blue
*Reference in Gold
*Bible in Burgundy
*APL in Green
* Access to 14 Bible translations
* Quick direct access to an EGW book/page or paragraph using search
(e.g. Education or Ed; Education 57 or Ed 57; Education 57.2 or Ed 57.2)
* Vertical or horizontal reading view available
* Quick reference access to the Bible using the abbreviated book codes. Also, you can go exactly to the chapter and verse if desired. (e.g. Jn, Jn 3, Jn 3:16)
* Navigate to any Bible verse quickly by tapping on the header while in the Bible to move to another verse.
* Horizontal left/right swipes to navigate to next/previous chapter
* Copy and paste text into other applications
* Add bookmarks to any Bible verse or EGW paragraph
* Search for highlighted words or phrases.
* Book reference location is always visible in the title bar.
* Search for words or “phrases” in the entire EGW library or KJV Bible
* Fast indexed search results with easy-scroll access to hits
* Easy navigation to search results highlighted within the chapter
* Daily Devotional Readings
* In EGW books all Bible references are hyperlinked
* Look up definitions in Dictionary
* Study Center: Bookmarks, Highlights, Notes
* Highlighting with 16 million colors
* Add bookmarks and highlights to topic folders
* Reading and audiobooks history
* Email or share a quote on Facebook, Twitter or other supported social networking apps
Disabled update all books alert
Ratings and Reviews
Ellen Gould White is a remarkable person all her writing are inspired from the Holy Spirit and her hands were made steady to hold the pen. She did not breath when in vision and only God could keep her life and restore her breathing after her vision was done. God is the life giver and breath giver only God could sustain her life. Her writing point us to the Bible to the scriptures not away from but to the scriptures. A clear and full understand of scripture is in her writings.
I love Ellen Gould White.
She brings the truth in the scripture to light and prepares a people to meet the savior.
She shows the simplicity of the law of God as it purifies in the heart from silver to gold and is embodied in the life of Jesus for our edification as we follow his words and she points us to the righteousness of Christ to wear as a white garment covering for the remittence of our sins repented.
Appreciate access to all the publications
I’m so happy to have discovered this app with easily transportable publications.
One issue I have is with the audio. I like the ability to listen and read at the same time but it could use some improvements. I would like to be able to move forward and back within a chapter without having to start the chapter over again. Also, it would be great to be able to keep my place. If it has been several days since my last session, I can’t always remember what chapter I was listening to. It could use some modernization of narrators and music. The music and introduction to the chapters sounds like it comes from the 1930s and makes me feel talked down to. No music would be fine and a respectful, conversational tone of voice for the introduction to chapters would help. The main narrator mispronounces words - such as pronouncing the silent 2nd a in pharaoh as a long a. When it’s a word that is used over and over again, it makes the listener cringe. I’m sure this would be a huge undertaking to make these changes so let me say again, I really do appreciate your making an app with these publications.
Just want to say first, I really appreciate this app and the ability to have EGW writings with me virtually anywhere. There’s been lots of improvements and I’m grateful for that.
Here’s a couple bugs that I would appreciate being fixed.
1) On my iPad (iPad mini 2) for the last several months my EGW app has crashed randomly. If it’s not connected to WiFi it doesn’t seem to crash but if it’s connected it will crash every couple minutes while just reading. I think it may have to do with the cloud account or something of that nature.
2) Because I have to have the WiFi off so my app doesn’t crash, it doesn’t save my reading progress in the history, so I have to go and find where I was last in a particular book. It seems to me that the reading history and progress should be saved locally and when connected it could be synced to the cloud. I don’t think I’m the only one that prefers to do my morning devotions without the distractions that come from the Internet.
3) I first noticed this around the new year so maybe it was the update in Dec.? The EGW scripture reference is gone! It doesn’t show up in “all collections” and when I click to access it from the history it gives the loading circle and then just freezes on a white screen and I have to quit the app to do anything else.
Maybe I’m the only one dealing with these issues, and maybe my iPad is too old, but it’d sure be nice to have those bugs squashed.
Thanks, God Bless!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
- 334.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swahili, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.