EGW Writings application enables you to read and search the complete published writings of Ellen G. White, the King James Version of the Bible and Noah Webster’s American Dictionary. EGW Writings is the newest version of our successful EGW Free iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch application developed by the Ellen G. White Estate.
What’s new in Version 6:
Syncing of Study Center data and user history through EGW Cloud
Updated bookshelf layout
Updated reader layout
New reader toolbar
Additional color themes and much more
- search in collections: All Collections, Compilations, Lifetime Works;
- ordered search;
New Book Covers
About the author
Ellen G. White (1827-1915) is considered the most widely translated American author. Her works having been published in more than 160 languages. Guided by the Holy Spirit, she exalted Jesus and pointed to the Scriptures as the basis of one’s faith. Ellen White wrote on a wide variety of spiritual and practical topics, from spiritual, to health, education, ministry, financial and marital advice. Her best known most translated work is Steps to Christ, followed by the 5 conflict of the ages series: Patriarchs and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, Desire of Ages, Acts of the Apostles, and The Great Controversy. Ellen G. White is also credited as the co-founder of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
* 121 Ellen G. White title’s
* Complete Published Writings title list: http://www.whiteestate.org/cdrom/cdrom.asp
* 6-volume Ellen G. White biography
* 17 Ellen G. White Devotionals
* 167 Ellen G. White Pamphlets
* 5,000 Ellen G. White Periodical articles
* 8386 Letters and Manuscripts File
* 12 Ellen G. White Miscellaneous Collections
* 21-volume Ellen G. White Manuscript Releases
* King James Version Bible
* 1828 Noah Webster’s American Dictionary
* App now supports 98 languages
* Read or search either online or offline
* Sync reading and listening history with EGW Cloud
* Sync Study Center with EGW Cloud
* New Bookshelf layout with customizable display
* Access to 9 Bible translations
* Quick direct access to an EGW book/page or paragraph using search (e.g. Education or Ed; Education 57 or Ed 57; Education 57.2 or Ed 57.2)
* Vertical or horizontal reading view available
* Quick reference access to the Bible using the abbreviated book codes. Also, you can go exactly to the chapter and verse if desired. (e.g. Jn, Jn 3, Jn 3:16)
* Navigate to any Bible verse quickly by tapping on the header while in the Bible to move to another verse.
* Horizontal left/right swipes to navigate to next/previous chapter
* Copy and paste text into other applications
* Add bookmarks to any Bible verse or EGW paragraph
* Search for highlighted words or phrases.
* Book reference location is always visible in the title bar.
* Search for words or “phrases” in the entire EGW library or KJV Bible
* Fast indexed search results with easy-scroll access to hits
* Easy navigation to search results highlighted within the chapter
* Daily Devotional Readings
* In EGW books all Bible references are hyperlinked
* Look up definitions in Dictionary
* Study Center: Bookmarks, Highlights, Notes
* Highlighting with 16 million colors
* Add bookmarks and highlights to topic folders
* Reading and audiobooks history
* Email or share a quote on Facebook, Twitter or other supported social networking apps
- Scrambled chapters and paragraphs fixed
- Audiobooks listening history fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App. I give it five stars for everything today contains in the execution which is well done.
In terms of improvement, one thing I would love to see is better controls for the audio player. It would be nice to be able to skip backward or forward in 15 seconds or 30 second increments.
Another improvement, I would love to be able to listen to the audiobook of Messiah. Then there are a few other books that sound like they are read by a computer generated voice instead of buying a real human being. If it would be possible to get audio book quality recordings of those books, that would be excellent!
Appreciate access to all the publications
I’m so happy to have discovered this app with easily transportable publications.
One issue I have is with the audio. I like the ability to listen and read at the same time but it could use some improvements. I would like to be able to move forward and back within a chapter without having to start the chapter over again. Also, it would be great to be able to keep my place. If it has been several days since my last session, I can’t always remember what chapter I was listening to. It could use some modernization of narrators and music. The music and introduction to the chapters sounds like it comes from the 1930s and makes me feel talked down to. No music would be fine and a respectful, conversational tone of voice for the introduction to chapters would help. The main narrator mispronounces words - such as pronouncing the silent 2nd a in pharaoh as a long a. When it’s a word that is used over and over again, it makes the listener cringe. I’m sure this would be a huge undertaking to make these changes so let me say again, I really do appreciate your making an app with these publications.
Great, but could use a couple improvements.
Overall it’s a pretty good App! But after only a few minutes if use I thought of some things that would make it so much better!
First, would be continuous scrolling. I’m sure that this may not suite everyone, but at least having the option to choose between continuous scrolling and page-by-page scrolling would keep everyone happy.
Second, would be the ability to speed up the playback of the audio books. The reading is quite slow, which is good for some people, however, I think the reading is slow enough that speeding up to at least 2x speed would would still be easy to keep up with. If an option to speed up playback were added, having a few different speed options (1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, maybe even 3x for the brave) would be ideal.
Third, would be some kind of predictive search function. Kind of like how google will say, “did you mean...” This would be useful for times when you can’t quite remember the exact wording of a quote, but know the general idea. I realize that this idea would likely be quite difficult to implement, but it would be an amazing feature.
Maybe some of these options are already somewhere in settings, but I have not been able to find them yet. So, if they are there, maybe make them easier to find.
Thanks for the good work so far! This app definitely beats the old CDs. Having the entire searchable library in my pocket is very handy!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
- 333.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swahili, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ellen G. White Estate, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.