Like logic puzzles? Then you'll love elarel, a free puzzle game where logic is distilled to its essence.
Try and try again to defeat in a battle of wits the devious contraptions and devilish creatures set out for you in 30 hand-crafted levels!
Take as long as you like to solve the puzzles, no reflexes or speed required.
Do you have what it takes to get through the game...with your sanity intact?
Note: To restart a level, press the 'r' key. You can also press 'q' to quickly save and 'e' to quickly load your game.
You can also devise your own levels, by downloading the free level editor from the game website.
elarel 1.2 is now available for download. This version features four new fun levels as well as a large number of bug fixes. The game now has a total of 30 levels. Please, if you find any bug, or have any comments about a level, let us know on the game forums at campbelljc.com/elarel/forums. Thanks!
Full changes are as follows:
* Four new levels with new types of puzzles (levels 8, 9, 10 and 13).
* Replaced the bottom-right puzzle in level 21 (The Reflecting Rooms) with a better one, and made various changes throughout the level to make it less finicky.
* Reorganized levels for a better difficulty curve.
* Fixed a bug in level 24 (The Frozen Archipelago) that made it unsolvable (due to a change in mechanics from v1.1). (Thanks to Nisa.)
* Fixed a bug in level 26 (Steppin' out over the line) that made it unsolvable (due to a bug from v1.1). (Thanks to Nisa.)
* Fixed a bug in level 29 (Her Last Bow) that made it unsolvable (due to a bug from v1.1).
* An internal system was implemented to automatically ensure solvability of all levels and user levels before release.
* Small changes made to levels 30 (The Old Laboratory) and user level 12 (Tricks 'n Traps) to support the updated object mechanics of this version.
* Level 13 of previous version ("Gravity") moved to user level category.
* Five levels are now unlocked by default instead of four.
* Objects can now be pushed onto rafts, and spiders can move onto them.
* Carts will now touch neighbouring balls, arrows, and balloons while moving past them.
* An object going through a conveyor belt will now try to push any object in its way in the belt.
* If there is an object at the exit of a conveyor belt, any object going through the belt will try once to push the object and any objects in front of that object.
* Blackballs can now be directed by fast-forwards even if they would move in a direction contrary to gravity (except exactly opposite).
* Carts can no longer fall down holes if the cart contains a treasure chest.
* If a slanted wall is diagonally adjacent to a door, the tiles will now seamlessly connect.
* If a laser beam hits into a closed door, the beam will now continue until the edge of the door.
* Fixed a bug where a drawbridge would not face the proper direction, depending on neighbouring tiles.
* Fixed a bug where a dangling laser beam would remain if a laser was toggled and the new beam hit the player.
* Fixed a bug where a laser on a cart that is destroyed in a hole would not remove its associated laser beams.
* Updated some death animations in the Halloween tileset for a more consistent look.
* Objects being pushed by a conveyor belt or fast-forward and who are not in their initial object state will now always maintain their correct image during animation.
Misc. bug fixes
* The player will now correctly interact with the ground square after moving to pick up a chest or other board object.
* Conveyor belts can no longer be pushed offscreen.
* Fixed a bug on Windows where a 'not responding' dialog would temporarily display during long conveyor belt/fast-forward sequences.
* More accurate detection of infinite movement loops (fixed a false positive).
* Fixed a bug where clicking on an ice square would make the game unresponsive.
* Fixed a crash that occurred when a group of blackballs fell together with gravity horizontal.
* Fixed a rare bug that sometimes improperly loaded levels with object connections.
* Fixed several bugs with level solution loading.
* Fixed an improper memory handling issue that occurred when picking up a pickaxe.
* Editor now has a wider toolbar to remove the need to scroll down to see more objects.
* The lever toggle sound will now only play if the player has toggled it.
* The 'bump' sound that plays when a player tries to move into something that can't be moved is now played more consistently.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hard puzzler, lots of fun
This is a series of logic puzzles with basically no instructions other than how to move your character, save and restart. You must learn the rules of the world as you go, but I found that with a little experimentation I was able to sort out how each object worked. The last five or six puzzles are quite hard.
I love the fact that you can make your own levels; I make easier ones for my preschool-aged son, and he makes some for me.
Pretty great considering it is free; I kind of wish more people knew about it to create and share levels (which you can do through the creator’s website).
Logic puzzle with discovery stage
(Note: I only spent about 5 minutes on the game before sending it to the trashcan.)
Elarel is a logic game where you have to think before you do. Once you fully appreciate a board's configuration and traps, you have to think before you do to reach the end. Each trap has a trigger spot, and depending on how the spot is approched, the trap may react differently. This is a further area that must be thought out before acting.
The game overall seems nice, though i did not like it. Having to trigger each trap to figure out what triggers it means a lot of wasted time (re-)playing through the board. In a sense, you have to fail trap 1 to learn how to pass it, the same for trap 2, then trap 3 and so on. Some traps are entirely logical, others are arbitrary (but need logic to pass them). Further, when messing up on a board in such a way that there is no way to continue or kill yourself, you have to hit the letter "r" to restart the level. There is no indication of this in the game or menus. I just had to guess that. Kudos to them for making it work.
- Jonathan Campbell
- 10.8 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2009-2018 Jonathan Campbell, Domenico Caucci, Howard Huang, Maxime Whaite.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.