Act 1 of 3 is free to try!
Red Tide is a dark fantasy story about a former soldier who is searching for his family in a world ravaged by war.
Your brother is gone without a trace. What happened to him? The answer to this question lies at the end of a long and dangerous journey.
The world has changed. The place where you were born was burned to ash. People out there are struggling to survive.
You are a shadow of your former self, having suffered grave injuries during the war. But the past is the past. What matters is the here and now. You have the freedom to shape your own destiny.
There is always a choice.
- Nostalgic table-top RPG style
- Many secrets to discover
- Equip and build your character
- Multiple endings that vary depending on your choices throughout the story
- Replayability with different play styles opening up different locations, NPCs and gear
- Text based choices adventure RPG
- Supports both phones and tablets
- Accessible to blind and low-vision players
- Player will now gain full health on level up
- Added more information to combat action modal in character and inventory screens
- Rebalanced a few combat encounters
- Fixed a graphical glitch that would appear on devices with certain pixel densities
- Fixed an issue where the attack button would go black when switching from ranged to melee weapon under certain circumstances
Ratings and Reviews
The Successful Sequel
When browsing through the App Store it’s hard to find a game that keeps you genuinely entertained and interested. Usually I download a game and delete it after a week. This game has made the nostalgia of the first come washing back over me while maintaining a unique presence of its own. I spent an hour sitting in the cold yesterday just playing it waiting for a friend to pick me up.
The story is even more deep and intricate than the first, with an act 1, that if reveals anything about the rest of the game, will make you ever more excited to play for hours on end. I’m really happy with this game and am jubilated that the developers truly care to put the time in to make it an amazing second addition to the series.
Good game, short
The immersion of this mostly text based adventure is great. It is short for my taste, but there are many secrets to work out. There are multiple solutions to problems. For a minor spoiler: to get past the 1st part you need a team of 4 people to guard a caravan. You can hire mercenaries, get the militia to help, get knights to help, or find 4 on your own. I have been able to find 3 of the 4. I’m guessing the 4th was someone who didn’t want to go because my Charisma wasn’t high enough to convince. It doesn’t change much, just adds a footnote to the end stories.
Based off my experience, if you want to wear most equipment, a strength of 5 is sufficient. Perception should be around 5 to hit really annoying enemies. Ranged weapons are a godsend. Especially when the strong enemy is behind a wall of 3 weaker ones. Just fire at back row. Front will do negligible damage, if any. After they are dealt with, swap to melee and enjoy. Also, the most valuable item you can find is the lock pick. It will open many doors (and chests) for you.
I’m currently trying to figure out how to placate a demon. I’m sure it will take multiple tries to see what he wants. I had fish, forgot to bring dog meat. Looking forward to trying and failing before I hit the “help I’m stuck” button.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for an exhaustive review. Glad to see you're enjoying our game :)
So at first this seemed very promising. It was a good story and your choices actually mattered. Then it comes time where the free story ends and you have to pay. Okay….I ended up buying the full game and I wish I hadn’t. I was severely disappointed at how it ended. Sitting here spending all this time making choices and planning, only to find that all the good and materials you collect at the end literally mean nothing. When it comes time for the final fight and choices, it legit was one of the worst endings there was. I had finally collected enough coin and such to actually make a difference, and then it goes into the final battle where you don’t have any warning or any hints about it being the last one. Then it comes and goes and you have all this script and writing. Instead of writing that all out, I would have actually enjoyed playing through it instead of reading about it. I would not recommend that you but the full game. It seriously isn’t worth it and will leave you disappointed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Act None AB
- 188.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2022 Act None AB
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Game $6.99