Electric Imp is a combined cloud service and hardware solution that makes it simple to connect your devices to the Internet. With imp connectivity, you can remotely monitor and control the activity of your devices at home or out in the field.
Manufacturers and makers can use imp modules to connect a variety of useful devices, ranging from weather indicators and coffee makers to garage door openers and printers, to the Internet. Commercial users of the Electric Imp Platform may also integrate our patented BlinkUp™ technology directly into their own apps.
The Electric Imp app enables you to easily connect your prototype imp-enabled devices to the Internet in seconds using BlinkUp.
To utilize this app, which is intended for developers, you will need any Electric Imp development device, such as the impExplorer™ Kit (available from https://store.electricimp.com), and an Electric Imp account (sign up at https://impcentral.electricimp.com). Full details on the use of this app can be found at https://developer.electricimp.com/gettingstarted.
CAUTION BlinkUp uses flashing light patterns. A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to such light patterns or flashing lights. If you have an epileptic condition, or are otherwise susceptible to flashing or strobing lights, please consult your physician prior to using this app.
This is a major release with a raft of new, useful features:
• You can now assign a device to any of your existing Device Groups right after BlinkUp™.
• You can now rename a device right after BlinkUp.
• A new tab, Devices, provides a list of your Products and their Device Groups. Select a Device Group to view a list of any devices assigned to it. Select a device to rename, re-assign or un-assign it.
• Tap UNASSIGNED DEVICES at the end of the Products and Device Groups list to view all such devices in your account. Select a device to rename it or to assign it to an existing Device Group.
• If you are registered as a collaborator on another account, you can now activate a device using BlinkUp and auto-assign it to that other account. Note that this requires your account’s collaboration role to be set to BlinkUp Device by the target account holder. This feature is available by turning on the Use Advanced Settings switch on the SETUP page.
• Redesigned One-time Password entry page for easier OTP verification.
• In-app BlinkUp status LED codes listing — see Support > Troubleshooting.
• Removed Azure impCloud BlinkUp as this is no longer supported.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs IDE in iOS App
The BlinkUp functionality works fine. But the Electric Imp web-based IDE at the website doesn't work on iOS devices.
If the app also had IDE functioinality, I could write, debug, or modify code on the go. Which makes sense for an Internet-of-Things / Cloud-hosted device like the Electric Imp.
This is iot?
I care about ease of use not about your app icon.
Quick and easy
Worked on the first try. Very easy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.