Experience all the fun and excitement of RC plane flying without leaving your chair! Electric RC Sim is a flight simulator for radio controlled aircraft. Fast startup plus realistic physics and graphics make it a pleasure to fly. Use it to learn to fly (I did!), hone your skills, or just have fun flying around.
Learning to fly an RC plane takes practice, and Electric RC Sim can help you learn much faster. If (when) you crash, just press the reset button and you're flying again. There's no need to fuss with building, repairing, or waiting for a calm day, saving you time and money.
* two drones: simulates 4 motors, 3 axis gyro, PID controllers. Practice flips!
* all my favourite aircraft: two trainers, a slow flyer, an aerobatic plane and a flying wing
* aerobatic plane: learn to perform moves such as knife edging, snap rolls, ground loops
* P-51 for some scale flying fun
* ducted fan jet with massive control surfaces: crazy fast and crazy fun. Do flat spins like Maverick!
* control line plane: great for learning control basics
* "antigravity" trainer: have fun while learning the controls without having to worry about gravity
* four different flying fields, each with different wind conditions
* handy help guide for beginner pilots
* detailed nonlinear nonstationary flight dynamics model
* photorealistic graphics
* intelligent camera view and zoom helps improve sense of space and speed of your plane
* landscape and portrait view: portrait view helps with sense of altitude of your plane
* works great on iPhone; looks amazing on iPad
* realistic engine sounds: gotta love the sound of a screaming brushless!
Advanced controller (available as an optional In-App Purchase):
* set rates, expo and trim per model
* access to additional drone modes:
- hold: gentler for beginners
- expert: a blend of acro and auto levelling
- acro: sticks control turn rates - flies just like a 3d heli!
To prevent accidental purchases, you can disable In-App Purchases in your device settings.
"I received a physical quad copter/drone as a gift, and having never been around one had issues flying it. I was hesitant to practice, fearing causing damage to the flyer or persons/animals. I found this app which allows simulated flying in a safe environment with the exact controls my particular model used. After a couple days with the app I was able to fly the real thing with confidence, and within a week was completing flips, spins, fast direction changes, and expert maneuvers. I can't recommend this program enough."
"What a great training tool... Superb stall and flight control simulation. Love the wind..."
"Most realistic rc sim at the moment!! ... novice to experienced will enjoy"
"Portrait view is a great idea, and the camera zoom works perfectly. UI is simple and to the point..."
"Once I heard the word 'flips'... Awesome"
Check out "Electric RC Sim Lite" if you'd prefer to try before you buy. It features the 3 Channel trainer plane and one field.
*** If you like this app, be sure to check out "RC Toybox" (iPad only). A fun game to play with your kids. ***
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
New drone which automatically flips when bank angle is high.
If you like this update, please take the time to rate/review the app. Old ratings get hidden with each update. Thanks and have fun!
Ratings and Reviews
I have RealFlight and Phoenix flight simulators, but only on my desktop. This app is on my tablet and allows me to have fun flying anytime I have a few minutes. Nice selection of different style planes for each flying preference. I also like the new quad....it would be nice if there were maybe a small beacon of light (LED) on the rear to keep me oriented. The black and green props can sometimes be hard to distinguish at a distance, especially if you do flips. And even though I don't fly with thumbs only on my transmitters, I have no problem making the adjustment at the flying field. I have tried almost every flight sim app in the App Store....this is by far the best!
Electric RC Sim
Let me start by saying: this is a very realistic RC flight simulator. You will however want to upgrade to the advanced transmitter if you want to enjoy this sim to its fullest. My only gripe (if you could call it that) and more of a suggestion would be for the apps developer ‘s would be to ad multiple camera views, like: follow and cockpit view for example. Flaps and retractable landing gear are also a must and smoke would be a nice touch as well. This flight sim is great for novice as well as seasoned pilots. First time flyers will find it very easy to learn on and will save anyone lots -o- $$$ on damaged replacement parts/planes, etc. Five stars here folks!
Exclellent value; great training tool
For less than the cost of a 16 oz coffee, this little sim offers a way to start anew, or brush up on your RC flying skills. The choice of planes and quadcopters is great and they seem to me to be quite realistically modeled. I put about three hours of time on this sim before getting back into the air with an RC trainer after a 20-year hiatus. It definitely gave me the confidence to toss that new plane in the air and fly basic maneuvers again. The latest update includes a new flying environment and an aerobatic quad. Nice to see the developer offering substantial updates to his product.
The developer, jetstripes.com, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ben White
- 72.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013, 2015, 2016 Ben White
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Controller $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.