Experience all the fun and excitement of RC plane flying without leaving your chair! Electric RC Sim is a flight simulator for radio controlled aircraft. Fast startup plus realistic physics and graphics make it a pleasure to fly. Use it to learn to fly (I did!), hone your skills, or just have fun flying around.
Learning to fly an RC plane takes practice, and Electric RC Sim can help you learn much faster. If (when) you crash, just press the reset button and you're flying again. There's no need to fuss with building, repairing, or waiting for a calm day, saving you time and money.
* two drones: simulates 4 motors, 3 axis gyro, PID controllers. Practice flips!
* all my favourite aircraft: two trainers, a slow flyer, an aerobatic plane and a flying wing
* aerobatic plane: learn to perform moves such as knife edging, snap rolls, ground loops
* P-51 for some scale flying fun
* ducted fan jet with massive control surfaces: crazy fast and crazy fun. Do flat spins like Maverick!
* control line plane: great for learning control basics
* "antigravity" trainer: have fun while learning the controls without having to worry about gravity
* four different flying fields, each with different wind conditions
* handy help guide for beginner pilots
* detailed nonlinear nonstationary flight dynamics model
* photorealistic graphics
* intelligent camera view and zoom helps improve sense of space and speed of your plane
* landscape and portrait view: portrait view helps with sense of altitude of your plane
* works great on iPhone; looks amazing on iPad
* realistic engine sounds: gotta love the sound of a screaming brushless!
Advanced controller (available as an optional In-App Purchase):
* set rates, expo and trim per model
* access to additional drone modes:
- hold: gentler for beginners
- expert: a blend of acro and auto levelling
- acro: sticks control turn rates - flies just like a 3d heli!
To prevent accidental purchases, you can disable In-App Purchases in your device settings.
"I received a physical quad copter/drone as a gift, and having never been around one had issues flying it. I was hesitant to practice, fearing causing damage to the flyer or persons/animals. I found this app which allows simulated flying in a safe environment with the exact controls my particular model used. After a couple days with the app I was able to fly the real thing with confidence, and within a week was completing flips, spins, fast direction changes, and expert maneuvers. I can't recommend this program enough."
"What a great training tool... Superb stall and flight control simulation. Love the wind..."
"Most realistic rc sim at the moment!! ... novice to experienced will enjoy"
"Portrait view is a great idea, and the camera zoom works perfectly. UI is simple and to the point..."
"Once I heard the word 'flips'... Awesome"
Check out "Electric RC Sim Lite" if you'd prefer to try before you buy. It features the 3 Channel trainer plane and one field.
*** If you like this app, be sure to check out "RC Toybox" (iPad only). A fun game to play with your kids. ***
New drone which automatically flips when bank angle is high.
If you like this update, please take the time to rate/review the app. Old ratings get hidden with each update. Thanks and have fun!
Ratings and Reviews
I have RealFlight and Phoenix flight simulators, but only on my desktop. This app is on my tablet and allows me to have fun flying anytime I have a few minutes. Nice selection of different style planes for each flying preference. I also like the new quad....it would be nice if there were maybe a small beacon of light (LED) on the rear to keep me oriented. The black and green props can sometimes be hard to distinguish at a distance, especially if you do flips. And even though I don't fly with thumbs only on my transmitters, I have no problem making the adjustment at the flying field. I have tried almost every flight sim app in the App Store....this is by far the best!
Exclellent value; great training tool
For less than the cost of a 16 oz coffee, this little sim offers a way to start anew, or brush up on your RC flying skills. The choice of planes and quadcopters is great and they seem to me to be quite realistically modeled. I put about three hours of time on this sim before getting back into the air with an RC trainer after a 20-year hiatus. It definitely gave me the confidence to toss that new plane in the air and fly basic maneuvers again. The latest update includes a new flying environment and an aerobatic quad. Nice to see the developer offering substantial updates to his product.
Just what I was looking for!
I've had electric rc boats and cars for years. Every couple years I would build a plane only to crash it on its maiden flight(stall!) I'm not as good a pilot as I thought I would be.
This app is easy to use and feels realistic. I was really able to see progress in my flying skills after a couple hours of practice. I'm so glad I didn't have to build all the planes I've crashed! I then upgraded for the extra fields(different wind conditions) and planes which have been fun to play with. Really for the price, it's a bargain!
- Ben White
- 72.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013, 2015, 2016 Ben White
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Controller $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.