Electrical Calc Elite™ is the industry’s top NEC code calculator!
This app is designed with electrical professionals in mind to solve the most common electrical calculations based on National Electric Codes.
Whether you are an Electrician, Contractor, Building Inspector or simply a DIY homeowner, checking your work for National Electric Code compliance has never been easier.
Electrical Calc Elite™ is compliant with 2017, 2014, 2011, 2008, 2005, 2002, and 1999 NEC®.
Great for Electrical Contractors, Designers, Engineers, Electricians, Maintenance Inspectors, Planners, Builders, and Lighting Specialists. The Electrical Calc Elite™ allows you to solve code-related problems quickly and accurately...the most common National Electric Code tables are now at your fingertips!
• Wires Sizes
• Voltage Drop on Wires
• Conduit Sizing
• Ohm's Law
• Kirchhoff's Law
• Motor Full-Load Amps
• Power Factor and Motor Efficiency
• Fuse and Breaker Sizes
• Service and Equipment Grounding Sizes
• Electrical Unit conversion
• Parallel Resistance
• Circular MILs Wire
• NEMA starter size
• NEC® references for calculations
Description of Calculations
• Convert between Amps, Watts, Volts, VA, kVA, kW, PF%, Efficiency%, and DC Resistance.
• Ohm's Law Calculations: enter any two values (ohms, volts, or amps) to solve for the third.
• Calculate required wire size per NEC® tables 310-16 and 310-17; Copper or Aluminum, 3ø or 1ø, 60°C, 75°C, 90°C insulation ratings and 100% or 125% of ampacity. Adjust wire sizes for ambient temperatures other than 30°C and for more than three wires in a raceway.
• Calculate Voltage drop: Find minimum VD wire size, maximum length for any given wire size to stay within specified VD, drop percentage, actual number and percentage of Volts dropped.
• Conduit sizing for 12 types of conduit per NEC®: Find recommended size of conduit for combinations of #THW, #XHHW, and #THHN wires. Also calculates fill percentages, conduit cross-sectional areas, remaining areas and more.
• Find Motor Full-Load current per current NEC®: Works in 1ø or 3ø, synchronous and DC motors per NEC® 430-247, 430-248, and 430-250.
• Calculate Fuse and Breaker Sizes per NEC® 430-52.
• Parallel and derated wire sizing
• Calculate parallel resistance
• NEC Table number displays when performing wire size calculations
• Sizes overload protection per NEC® 430-32.
• Finds NEMA starter sizes per ICS 2-1988 (Tables 2-327-1 and 2-327-2).
• Calculates service and equipment grounding conductor sizes per NEC® 250-122 and 250-66.
• Convert between BTU and Kilowatts per Hour
• Circular MILs calculated for wire sizes
• Works as a standard math or electric calculator
• Quick and easy updates to future NEC® code revisions
Visit our website: http://www.cyberprodigy.com/electricalcalcelite/ for more information including our detailed user's manual.
If you are not 100% satisfied with this calculator please email us at email@example.com so we can make things right before posting any negative reviews. We are also open to any suggestions you may have for future enhancements to this electric calculator.
Electrical Calc Elite™ is not associated with ElectriCalc® Pro and Cyberprodigy LLC is not affiliated with Calculated Industries, Inc.
-Overall performance and compatibility improvements for latest iOS platforms.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the app I have been asking and waiting for. I have used another company's hand held calculator for quick accurate electrical system design calculations for some time. It was frustrating to carry a 2nd device when I aways had my iPhone with me. This app is easy to use, based on the most recent NEC release and has an excellent manual readily accessible. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to design electrical power distribution circuits and or make sure their installations are NEC compliant. It is just as useful for estimating and creating BOMs for electrical work. The iPad version features a rotating screen for landscape use as well. Not much more to ask for. If you buy only one electrical app this is the one.
Great Electrical Tool
I really like this app! It is one of the most useful apps I have on my phone. I have checked the voltage drop calculations on various 208v to 4160v, 3 phase circuits and I have not found an error yet. The interface is fast and intuitive once you get it down.
This is not intuitive - it works but you have to have the manual in front of you to be able to get the right key strokes to make it work. Not worth the money in my opinion. For $20, you should be able to come up with something not so cryptic. I will use it for derating because I have not found anything better but there are much better apps out there for sizing conduit and voltage drop in my opinion.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.