electronic Common Prayer, Version 2.5.4 (eCP) is a brand new update to the first, fully authorized, interactive version of the Book of Common Prayer 1979 of the Episcopal Church USA, with an interactive calendar extended to March 31, 2020.
Created by Church Publishing, Inc. (http://www.churchpublishing.org), eCP for iOS is built to run on all iOS devices
For those who want the most commonly used worship services and devotional content of the BCP along with the full lectionary texts in one app, look no further. eCP offers the following features:
* An interactive Calendar with complete access to Years A, B, & C of the RCL for Sundays and Holy Days, the Daily Office and Lesser Feasts and Fasts lectionary texts in the NRSV
* Feast pages include title and color in addition to presenting multiple feasts in order of precedence
* Easy navigation through content using a simple forward/back interface.
* Most commonly used services from the 1979 BCP, fully hyperlinked to lessons, Collects of the Day, and Psalms
* The complete Daily Office with readings and Psalms for each day in both Years 1 and 2
* Fully searchable content and Indexes for Psalms, Canticles, Collects, Prefaces, and Prayers & Thanksgivings. Search for text within title or content
* Canticles are supplemented with all of the alternatives from Enriching Our Worship.
* Swipe left/right navigation through Services, Psalms and other indexed material
* Psalm options for the Daily Office include both Psalms Appointed and the Thirty Day Psalter
*Bookmarking of content for easy access throughout the app.
*The ability to email content from within the app.
eCP requires NO INTERNET connection, as all texts are stored locally on your device, allowing you access to these texts no matter where you go.
eCP is perfect for personal devotion with the Daily Office and the variety of prayers from the Book of Common Prayer. Quick access to all of the lectionary texts is ideal for clergy or liturgy planners, or for pastoral care such as Ministration to the Sick or Reconciliation of a Penitent when on the road.
Planned updates include the addition of material from the Book of Occasional Services and Enriching Our Worship, Liturgical rites for same sex blessings, and other liturgical resources as approved for use by the General Convention. More than just an app, eCP is a framework for delivering content to our customers.
Whether lay or ordained, eCP offers the content of the Book of Common Prayer in a way that supports your devotion in a perfect mobile format for a busy world.
fixed content loading bug
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A handy resource during physical distancing
I didn't realize how well this app was laid out until I started following the online services offered at my church. Morning Prayer was very easy to follow – even "jumping" to the daily readings – thanks to the links and navigation buttons at the bottom. I may never have to pick up a printed book again! Thank you!
Could be a lot better for communities—it lacks “Common”ality
I really like this app. It’s handy and intuitive. I originally thought I’d give it 3 stars, but I decided 2 is more appropriate. The BCP is meant not to be used just individually, but also in community. The fact that page numbers are missing is difficult for leaders to reference a page when leading common prayer and services among those who do not have the app. Also missing is a Table of Contents and the back section of the BCP (I think, anyway; I can’t be sure since there’s no Table of Contents).
No Dark Mode? Seriously?
I rarely write a review, but enough is enough.
I have photosensitive eyes as a lasting side effect of medication given during childhood. Dark mode and night-shift are accessibility features for me. I would it have purchased the app if I had known there was not going to be support for dark mode.
I have multiple versions & copies of the BCP in print and the PDF of the BCP1979 in Apple Books on all my devices along with various Bible apps, so I could live without this app, and due to the lack of Dark Mode support am forced to do so, as the day not thing I can read without changing a global setting on my iOS devices is the current day’s readings, which I could just as easily get from Forward Movement’s website.
Will gladly update review & give 5 stars once Dark Mode is supported and I can actually use the app.
- Church Publishing Inc. (NY)
- 63.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Church Publishing, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Enriching Our Worship 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.