ElkNut is the cutting edge of elk calling and hunting technology. With thirty years of elk hunting experience, Paul Medel and his company, ElkNut Outdoor Productions, author of myriad elk hunting books, articles, movies, CDs, and blogs, has raised elk calling training to the next level with ElkNut though his partnership with Got Game Technologies. Together, they have taken what he has learned in three decades of 100 percent elk hunting success on over the counter, do it yourself hunts, and put it together in one easy to use, accessible, and understandable location: ElkNut.
ElkNut helps you become a better elk caller and hunter through:
- Video content teaching you how to choose a mouth reed from the many options on the market place to make the most realistic elk sounds.
- Video content offering guidance on mouth reed placement with specific instruction for both bull and cow elk sounds.
- Featuring twenty one of the most common and most important bull and cow elk sounds, including:
- Location Bugle
- Challenge Bugle
- Nervous Grunt
- Advertising Bugle
- Round Up Bugle
- Lip Bawl Bugle
- Social Cow/Calf Talk
- Contact Buzz
- Bulls Panting
- Separated/Lost Cow
- Whines Going to Bull
- Nervous Grunt/Round Up Bugle
- Cow Bugles
- Alarm Barks
- Retreating Cow Mews
- Pleading Cow/Calf Mews
- Regathering Mews
- Five included Sequences:
- Blind/Cold Calling Sequence
- Advertising Sequence
- Breeding Sequence
- Creative Cow Calling
- The Slow Play Sequence
- Seven included Tactics:
- Four Estrus Cycles
- Utilizing a Full Moon
- Wallows, Waterholes and Mineral Licks
- Tips for New Hunters
- ElkNut Nuggets
- Solo Hunting
- Early Season
- Audio content of both the ElkNut and real elk making each sound so you can practice and measure your progress.
- Incorporating microphone on device so you can record yourself making the sound and compare to the real elk and ElkNut audio.
- Video instruction demonstrating how to make each sound, with technical details that only an expert can teach you. Downloadable so you can take these videos with you on the hunt!
- Hunting tips categorized by elk sound with tried and true pointers that will help you know what these sounds mean to other elk, when to use them in the field, and how an elk will respond to it when you do.
- Special quick action tips that are readily accessible at a moment's notice to figure out what sounds you've been hearing from elk in the field.
- Highly effective Pro Tips that provide insight only gained from years and years hunting elk that help you give yourself the best chance to find and harvest the elk of your dreams.
- Links to resources where you can find the elk hunting products you need to be successful.
** Bug Fixes and Patches**
-Download Audio and Video
-Record and save multiple practice sessions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Never stop learning
I always had success calling elk in for my friends and myself. I never understood what I was doing and this really helps me to understand what I’m trying to say to the elk and what they are saying to me. I’m a solo hunter and the first time I used this in the field I had two giant bulls coming in to fight me. One was so close I couldn’t move or call and he stood for 15 minutes looking and chuckling trying to get me to show myself all I could see where antlers and eyes 320” bull minimum. The other bull was way smarter and way bigger and only hung around for 30 seconds. What was great is I knew how to make all the calls this showed me when to use them to say the right things. I never realized how much the bulls just want to come and fight. They responded to my fight calls more this year than any other calling sequence. Did not put a bull on the ground but sparked an old flame with a new understanding. The panting I have never used and wow that made this bull red eye mad. They do learn what you sound like fast though and after 4 days would not respond the same. Like to get some pointers there. And I have other sounds I’ve heard I’d love to know what they mean and are used for that you have never addressed or made note of. Thanks Paul for all the years spent to help us out. Is there a video for slow play coming soon would love to see that
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed and positive review!
I just want to say how impressed I am with, not just Paul’s knowledge and experience, but with his willingness to help hunters learn how to become students of elk hunting. For $4.99 this app is a no brainer for any elk hunter wanting to become better at their craft. Elk hunting has never made more sense to me. I successfully called in a bull for a buddy in 2016 and it was really cool, but other than knowing how to cow call well I was clueless on what the bull was actually saying when he hung up at 184 yards in an open meadow. He kept nervous grunting and I was fascinated by the sound, but didn’t understand it. Now I understand what he was saying and why he hung up. I love the sequences, tactics, tips sections, videos, ability to record myself and compare my sounds to real elk and ElkNut sounds. To put it simply there is nothing else like this anywhere out there. It’s is cutting edge and worth it’s weight in gold to all elk hunters, even seasoned guys. Ever since I heard Paul’s podcasts I’ve been hooked. You guys rock. I wish it was fall right now!!! Your willingness to help people is very admirable. Get this app, you won’t be sorry!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great review, B. Tuft! We appreciate your support and wish you all the best this elk season. You can be sure we'll keep adding more great content to the app going forward!
Made for elk people, by elk people.
Such an awesome app, that has taught me so much. Not only how to do a call, but why and when you would do that call. Multiple times I’ve heard a elk sounding off, while sitting near a water hole and have used the app to “diagnose” and interpret the sound heard. Also, using it when I have been getting radio silence and able to get some stuff going. Not to mention I have had the chance of seeing Paul and his son at seminars and they are just really cool people, that love elk hunting. I really could go on and on, this app is worth its weight in gold.
One last thing, app isn’t just a stagnant app, always seems like new content and info is always coming out. I haven’t had any tech issues either. Really if you are on the fence about the app, don’t be, it is really great and a good tool to have in the toolbox.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.