The Creators Network - Ello is a publishing platform for the world's creators to share & sell their work, build audience, visibility and opportunities, and get hired and collaborate.
Create, publish, sell, social, art, e-commerce, photography, music, street, skate, design, illustration, GIFs, writing, blog, be positive.
(Thanks to Ello community members @skip1frame and @daniel_triendl for the beautiful App store background images.)
Changes to the sign up process due to changes on the server.
Ratings and Reviews
Not posting images
I downloaded the app to replace Instagram because I was coming back to Ello after being gone for three years and it won’t post images. There’s also no way to contact support. And I agree with one of the other reviews that both the website and the app or not intuitive at all. There’s no confirmation when I changed my password. The app has been allowed access to my images, but for some reason it still won’t post anything. I can only post text. Can’t even post images to comments. What’s the point of having an app if I can’t post images to it? Nobody wants to social media from their computer.
Upon leaving Facebook and Instagram in search of platforms with integrity, I was still in a mindset of algorithms, likes, and followers. So when I approached Ello with that mindset, I was disappointed. Years on these other networks had me convinced that my worth was dependent on numbers and reactions. Today, I’m able to see Ello for its innovative potential, and I’ll be using it as my online jewelry portfolio to reference my customers to...which is awesome compared to sending potential customers to a social platform rife with ads and trolls. As I relearn what it truly means to be an artist OUTSIDE of the control of social media networks, I’m coming to terms with what I said I wanted being my new reality: being an honest artist not focused on numbers but on sharing my passion. So thank you, Ello, for providing a space for creators BY creators...and for giving me back my power.
So much potential!!
The app was clunky to use at first, but I quickly adjusted my expectations and thought process. However, there are things I just couldn’t abide by:
1) no native support for video. It only hosts video you’ve uploaded elsewhere and provide links for.
2) when uploading a series, you have to do them one by one, going through the tedious add process for each image. Would be nicer to go to your image library just once and selecting several images at a time.
Those two points alone are enough to make me delete this app after less than 24 hours. NOT user friendly.
1) images look stretched out at first- distorted
2) when uploading a series, images wouldn’t display correctly or at all in preview. You just had to hit Post and hope it turned out. It always did, but the white space is unnerving when trying to see how it looks together before posting.
3) the app auto-followed over 100 people the moment I signed up?!? I suppose this is how they match you with people who match the type of categories you picked?!? Not how I like to roll. I’ll follow people on my own thanks.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ello PBC
- 27.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2017 Ello PBC