Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for macOS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, SWF, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to native hardware-accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen. Performance is further enhanced through M1 chip support.
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Can switch between audio tracks, including external files.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Able to fit the window to your screen.
* Adjustable playback speed.
* Audio visualizer helps you experience your songs in a new way.
* Seek through videos with the help of thumbnail previews.
**Built-in subtitles search**
For effortless access to various subtitles, we integrated Elmedia Video Player with the opensubtitles.org service, which lets you add desired subtitles to videos without leaving the app.
*Audio: mp3, m4a, wma, aac, ac3, aiff, ape, flac, mka, ogg, pcm, ra, vaw, waw, wav, aif, oga, caf, acm, dts, mpa, webm
*Video: 3gp, avi, mp4, mpeg, vob, flv, mov, mkv, 3iv, asf, fli, m1v, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mp2, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, mpv, mqv, nut, nuv, nsv, qt, ram, rec, rm, rmvb, ts, vcd, vfw, wmv, webm, rv, f4v, ogv, ogm, divx, asx, dat, tp, mjp, yuv, xvid, vc1, mtv
*Subtitles: utf, srt, ass, smi, txt, ssa, smil, jss, rt, idx, sub, vtt
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can perfectly sync subtitles with the video.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
*Stream local files to Chromecast, Smart TV, Apple TV, other AirPlay and DLNA-compliant devices.
* Picture-in-picture mode available.
* Ability to save subtitles from opensubtitles.org
Elmedia Video Player can also stream audio and video content to other devices, like Roku TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, etc.
Elmedia's extensive streaming possibilities:
- can stream video and audio files in their native formats or will transcode them to a supported format in real time;
- can stream the up to 4K videos to compatible devices (Chromecast Ultra, Apple TV 4K, etc.);
- can stream videos with subtitles (both embedded and external);
- gives you full control over media streaming directly from the app. Play, pause, seek, or stop the video. When streaming to DLNA-compliant devices or Chromecast you can control volume in the player.
You can use Elmedia Video Player as an audio receiver over AirPlay. This option is helpful when you need to stream audio from your phone to a Mac with larger speakers.
Note: streaming functionality in the free version is available for 5 minute only.
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of a video or audio file continuously.
Improved: video playback performance.
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
well, knowing now how to go back and forward I do want to add a few stars. I will still leave one off because I still think that is a bad UX to not have a more clear option and let users guessing.
Other than this pretty big issue thogh the player is actually pretty good. So far no haven't seen other issues. I mostly just use it for audio files and it works well for that as well.
old review:I can only go forward or backward in a file by dragging the slider which is not accurate at all, they don't even have a "rewind" or "forward" button at all...
Developer Response ,
During the playback you can go 5 seconds back/forward by using the ← and → buttons. For a video that is paused, the ←/→ buttons allow you to move backward/forward frame by frame. If is does not work for you, contact us via email email@example.com regarding this issue.
INITIALLY I THOUGHT this a great Video Veiwing App CONSTANT NAG TO RESOTRE PURCHASE FROM App Store
I initially really liked this video player, because it plays so many different formats that other palyers like won’t like QuickTime won’t. But, THIS APP HAS AN INCREDIBLY ANNOYING TRAIT, if you go premium and buy the PRO version of the app…then everytime you launch the app you ARE REQUIRED TO RESTORE TEH PRO APP FROM THE App Store, Everytime, without fail. I can’t stand it anymore. It’s been happeneing for at least a YEAR and no fix yet. Why can IT REMEMBER that I’ve been a paying customer for YEARS. It’s so annoying, that I avoid using this app if at all possible. It’s totally worse than the upgrade nag screen on the free version. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB move on the developer’s part to require CONSTANT RESTORING OF PURCHASE from App Store. Ultimately, I can’t favorably endorse an app that is so annoying, that I avoid it like the plague. Who need that, there’s plenty of video players that don’t do that. Is the security of the app so important that you have to make it extremely annoying to use on every sinlge launch by requiring RESTORE PURCHASE. NOT FOR ME!
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Indeed there is a problem with "Restore Purchase" option in the AppStore. We are still working to verify this issue with Apple Support. Meanwhile, we have found a workaround. Please follow the guide from our blog to restore Elmedia Video Player purchase: https://www.eltima.com/blog/2018/02/restore-purchase-option-failure-in-app-store.html
It was a good player, but lack of support has left it an invalid
This app (originally downloaded from the app store) then downloaded from the website because it was updated more frequently used to be a very decent player. Unfortunately, lack of timely support of their products has left the app working sporatically for the majority of the time and the key features of being able to download from streaming sites virtually non-existant. Now trying to play a blu-ray disc because I have a 27" monitor and it seems a waste to have a 2nd screen taking up space for a TV. I've been watching DVD's on my computer without issue but with more content being blu-ray I bought a disc that had both. The blu ray shows a "flash" of the initial disc screen then disappears. It makes sense now that I see that others are having issues playing BluRay discs.
Hopefully the dev will figure out in less than 6 months where the bug is and fix it instead of referring to their FAQ's which repeat all of the steps already taken.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ELTIMA LLC
- 91.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Electronic Team, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PRO $19.99