Elmedia Video Player is a free media player for Mac OS. It can play pretty much any file type, be it AVI, MP4, FLV, SWF, WMV, MKV, MP3, M4V etc. Elmedia Video Player is an all-in-one solution, that doesn't call for any additional plugins or codecs.
This player has a wonderful HD experience to offer to its users thanks to a native hardware accelerated decoding that unloads the processor and brings the smooth and clean video onto the screen.
Video and audio playback
* Keep the player on top of all apps to never miss a moment of the movie.
* Will play any audio track including external.
* Offers its own volume control.
* Works great with various subtitles files. Supports Eastern Asian languages, Arabic, Hebrew, etc.
* Lets you create & manage playlists.
* Fit the image to your screen.
* Adjust the playback speed.
**Watch online videos**
*Access YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion videos directly from the app without bringing up a browser; no noisy ads to distract you with Open Online Video option.
**Built-in subtitles search**
For an effortless access to various subtitles we integrated Elmedia Video Player with the opensubtitles.org service, which lets you add desired subtitles to a movie without leaving the app.
*Audio: mp3, m4a, wma, aac, ac3, aiff, ape, flac, mka, ogg, pcm, ra, vaw, waw, wav, aif, oga, caf, midi, mid, acm, dts, mpa, webm
*Video: 3gp, avi, mp4, mpeg, vob, flv, mov, mkv, 3iv, asf, fli, m1v, m2t, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mp2, mpg, mpg2, mpg4, mpv, mqv, nut, nuv, nsv, qt, ram, rec, rm, rmvb, ts, vcd, vfw, wmv, webm, rv, f4v, ogv, ogm, divx, asx, dat, tp, mjp, yuv, xvid, vc1, mtv
*Subtitles: utf, srt, ass, smi, txt, ssa, smil, jss, rt, idx, sub, xml
* When watching a movie with subtitles Elmedia Video Player can put them in perfect sync with the video in case there is some mismatch.
Elmedia Video Player PRO is available via in-app purchase.
**Extra useful features of Elmedia Video Player PRO!**
*Stream local files to Chromecast, Smart TV, Apple TV, other AirPlay and DLNA-compliant devices.
Not only can Elmedia Video Player play audio and video content on your Mac, but it can also stream it to other devices, like Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, and other supported smart TV sets.
Elmedia's extensive streaming possibilities:
- can stream video and audio files in their native formats or will transcode them to a supported format in real time;
- can stream the up to 4K videos to compatible devices (Chromecast Ultra, Apple TV 4K, etc.);
- can stream videos with subtitles (both embedded and external);
- can stream online videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion without ads (via the Open Online Video option);
- lets you create your own streaming playlist;
- gives you full control over media streaming directly from the app. Play, pause, seek, or stop the video. When streaming to DLNA-compliant devices or Chromecast you can control volume in the player.
You can use Elmedia Video Player as an audio receiver over AirPlay. This option is helpful when you need to stream audio from your phone to a Mac with larger speakers.
Note: streaming functionality in free version is available for 1 minute only.
* Adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and more even during playback.
* Make the sound perfect for your ears with a 10-band equalizer. Choose one of existing presets (Large Hall, Party, etc.) or create your own unique sound.
* Make a screenshot of any moment in the movie or make the entire video a series of pictures with adjustable interval.
* Select the output device for audio.
* Transmit AC-3/DTS through S/PDIF.
* A couple of other convenient playback possibilities:
Select the language for the sound and subtitles;
Set up which monitor will show fullscreen;
Flip, rotate and mirror the video;
Loop any part of movie or music video continuously.
Improved: GPU and power usage on some Macs.
Fixed: opening of some videos when using "Open Online Video" option.
Ratings and Reviews
Good so far
I haven't purchased this and judging by reviews there seems to be some issues involved, the free version plays a multitude of files and allows player modification (such as play speeds and delays as well as queues and remembering time stamps.) I haven't tried anything but files stored on my hard drives but so far I have no complaints and the level of customasation is hugly improved over quicktime player and many other mp4 players I have used
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to review!
We're happy that your experience with us has been a good one!
INITIALLY I THOUGHT this a great Video Veiwing App CONSTANT NAG TO RESOTRE PURCHASE FROM App Store
I initially really liked this video player, because it plays so many different formats that other palyers like won’t like QuickTime won’t. But, THIS APP HAS AN INCREDIBLY ANNOYING TRAIT, if you go premium and buy the PRO version of the app…then everytime you launch the app you ARE REQUIRED TO RESTORE TEH PRO APP FROM THE App Store, Everytime, without fail. I can’t stand it anymore. It’s been happeneing for at least a YEAR and no fix yet. Why can IT REMEMBER that I’ve been a paying customer for YEARS. It’s so annoying, that I avoid using this app if at all possible. It’s totally worse than the upgrade nag screen on the free version. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB move on the developer’s part to require CONSTANT RESTORING OF PURCHASE from App Store. Ultimately, I can’t favorably endorse an app that is so annoying, that I avoid it like the plague. Who need that, there’s plenty of video players that don’t do that. Is the security of the app so important that you have to make it extremely annoying to use on every sinlge launch by requiring RESTORE PURCHASE. NOT FOR ME!
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Indeed there is a problem with "Restore Purchase" option in the AppStore. We are still working to verify this issue with Apple Support. Meanwhile, we have found a workaround. Please follow the guide from our blog to restore Elmedia Video Player purchase: https://www.eltima.com/blog/2018/02/restore-purchase-option-failure-in-app-store.html
Great at first...
When I first got this I was deployed and I wasn’t able to watch a lot of movies on the server. While I was there the free version that I got worked great. When I returned home and tried to use it on my AppleTV through AirPlay, it would only play for a minute then cut off saying that I had to buy the premium version. I’m not going to lie, that’s frustrating. I would love to be able to use the app with AirPlay. Other than that, it’s a really good app. I like how it keeps up where your movies are left off as well as movies that you’ve used the app on are easily referenced for watching again. My only hangup is not being able to use AirPlay.
- ELTIMA LLC
- 55.1 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eltima Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.