Elmo wants you to make a monster friend! It’s easy! Choose a monster body and touch its face to give it eyes, nose and a hat—there are lots and lots and LOTS to choose from. When you’re done, Elmo will dance and play with your monster! This is going to be so much fun!
• Fosters art and creativity.
• Encourages decision-making.
• All original Sesame Street video.
• Elmo’s photos of your monster go to your iPhone/iPod's photo album.
• Elmo interacts with your monster.
• Your monster comes alive to dance and play.
• Change your monster as many times as you like.
• Touch one of the monster bodies to get started.
• Touch your monster’s face to give it eyes, a nose and a hat. Keep touching the same spot to keep changing your monster’s features. When you’re ready to play with your monster, touch the green arrow.
• Touch the camera icon and Elmo will take a picture of your monster. This picture will appear in your iPhone/iPod’s photo album.
• Touch the Elmo icon and the little red monster himself will jump in to play with your monster!
• Touch the music notes icon and your monster will dance for you!
• Touch your monster any time for a surprise!
ABOUT SESAME WORKSHOP
Sesame Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. Learn more at www.sesameworkshop.org.
IDEO is a human-centered design and innovation firm ranked independently among the ten most innovative companies in the world. Learn how our team of child-development experts, veteran toy designers and interaction designers approach the creation of award-winning kid apps at www.ideotoylab.com.
Your input is very important to us. If you have any questions, comments or need help, please contact us at: email@example.com or MonsterMaker@ideo.com.
Added new head gear, eyes, and nose parts
Ratings and Reviews
Calling all monster lovers
I thought it was cute, CJ loved it. When you open the app Elmo tells you how to play the game. This isn’t really a game, per se, it’s just a fun thing to play with if you’re an Elmo fan. Everything is done with the tap of a finger. In the beginning Elmo instructs the player to choose one of five monsters to make, or finish/decorate. You then see your monster. Your monster needs eyes and a nose, and a hat if you choose. Tap the area where the nose goes and a nose appears. Tap again and it’s a different nose. Keep tapping, there’s a few of them. The same applies for eyes and hats. Once you’ve completed your monster you can either watch it dance to one of four songs or take a picture that goes into your library. CJ had a lot of fun playing with this one. I thought it was cute. The only thing I don’t like is that when you press the camera button all you see is a bright light. I actually thought that since my iPod has no camera that I wasn’t getting monster pictures. It wasn’t until I checked the photo library that I found all of the monster pictures. All in all it’s a fun app that your monster lover will love.
My 2 year old LOVE it!
It's a good program, but I have just a few issues. One, it's almost Valentine's Day and it's still the Christmas/ Chanukah version. That would be easily overlooked if there was an option (even in the iPhone's settings) to turn off the holiday decorations. The other thing is, if your kid taps around the screen quickly enough, it's possible to actually crash the app. With a 2.5 year old, it's VERY easy for this to happen. It's gotten better in recent versions, but it can still happen on occasion. Still, I would DEFINITELY recommend the app. Hand it to your kid in the grocery store, and your trip is instantly bearable. LOL
Elmo's Monster Maker is a delightful app that teaches body awareness in a simple straightforward way, and gives kids a safe non threatening opportunity to practice eye contact. Choose eyes, nose and hat, then you can take a photo, play with Elmo, or dance. I like how this app lends itself in adapting to a variety of goals. I use it to help promote head and neck control/eye gaze in different directions, working on posture and also following direction. The latest version has a Fall theme, and am hoping they update with the seasons as they have in the past to get the most out of the app. There are no IAPs or ads. Recommended.
- Sesame Workshop Apps
- 423.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved, © 2019 IDEO LLC. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.