The Email Filing Assistant Pro (EFA) simplifies, accelerates, and automates the filing of emails into mailboxes.
EFA Pro exclusively supports Microsoft ® Outlook for Mac. The following versions are supported: Outlook 2011, 2013, 2016 Outlook 365, Outlook for Mac Version 16.30 as long as Outlook is installed physically on a Mac. Please note that EFA Pro does not support filing into PST files.
With an ever increasing number of mailboxes and emails, it is often a tedious and time-consuming task to file emails. It is not uncommon for accounts to consist of dozens or hundreds of mailboxes. And the more there are, the more time the user requires to think about the right target mailbox and then to drag&drop the email into it. Especially if it is a sub-sub-sub- mailbox, which requires the user to navigate through a mailbox hierarchy.
EFA solves this problem by analysing the filing history of emails and by considering the user’s own preferences. It then makes suggestions of mailboxes from which the user can select from, by simply clicking on one of them, and voila, the email has been filed by EFA.
This saves valuable time when an email needs to be filed and reduces distractions from the actual tasks the user wants to carry out. EFA is really easy to use.
EFA can file individual emails or several emails at once.
Whether you organise your mailboxes by sender or subject, EFA can possibly support you. It offers a number of different filing strategies from which to choose from.
EFA currently supports many different filing strategies:
1. Mailbox Creation makes new Mailboxes in the mail client right from within EFA and subsequently files emails. Mailbox Create works both in individual filing and in batch filing mode. This is a great way to automatically build a mailbox hierarchy from scratch. The default name that EFA proposes for a new mailbox is based on the name of the sender of an email.
2. Smart Guess 1&2: A combination of several filing strategies.
3. Popular Mailboxes is a smart list of past filings. EFA keeps track of past filings, aggregates them and suggests them back to the user. Mailbox Rank is being updated with each new filing.
4. Recent Mailboxes is a list of past filings. Most recent mailboxes are on the top of the list.
5. Favourites: These are set under favourite mailboxes in preferences -> filing. This setting is great if you want to include e.g. particular project folders.
6. Sender: EFA looks into the FROM field of a selected email and looks up mail folders in which other emails from this sender reside.
7. Sender. But if I am the sender, then every other recipient of this email.
8. Recipients, excluding myself. All recipients of a selected email, excluding myself.
9. Subject. EFA can analyse the subject line of a message and propose mailboxes that contain messages with similar subjects.
10. Domain. Same as strategy 6, but with a wider focus, as it looks at email domains, such as @foo.com.
Batch Filing: Batch Filing is great to walk through an entire folder of eMails, such as the Sent Items folder. Select the folder in Mail.app, go to filing->batch in EFA and click the ‘Set Batch Folder’ button. Then, click on the ‘Start Batch Filing’ button.
- EFA now supports the Touch Bar on compatible MacBook Pros
- Performance and stability improvements for macOS Catalina.
Ratings and Reviews
I am using MS Outlook for Mac (Version 15.41) and had no success with this app. In spite of having a quite extensive filing system consisting of folders and sub-folders (or even sub-sub-folders), this app thought all my mail should be filed in the Archive folder, which is a folder I never use! If there was a way to get my $7 back, I’d try to to do that. I guess caveat emptor is this company’s slogan! I would avoid purchasing this app if I were you.
A HUGE Time Saver for Outlook 2011 Users
If you use Outlook 2011 for Mac and maintain a file folder structure in Outlook, you may be spending hours each month manually filing all of those emails from your clients, family, vendors, contractors, etc. Anyone who has been using Office 2011 long enough probably suspects like me that this program is the redheaded stepchild that Microsoft does not want to support, and that includes any filing enhancements. Enough!
This program allows 2-click filing based on what is currently in your folders. It is not perfect but it is waaaaaay better than any of the alternatives. This program has saved me a considerable amount of time and helped to keep my email organized. After its initial release the programmer implemented several of my suggestions, which I do appreciate. There are a few remaining which may not be possible in a Mac environment… my wish list is 1) faster filing after clicking, 2) an option to file sent emails as they go out, and 3) automatic, incremental index updates. For those three I'll give 6 stars!
Serious Outlook 2011 users NEED this program. Really.
Great Time Saver - Excellent Application!
This app has been a huge time saver in my daily email routine. It took me a short while to get used to it - and once I became comfortable with it it has now become an integral part of my work flow. I have also found that it "learns" how I work - and gets better and more intuitive every day!
This is great app and well worth it for all Outlook users!
UPDATE - OK so the new version came out and it is even better. I had submitted a feature request which would allow the Search field to be cleard out as soon as the filing was completed - and this feature alone (for my work flow atleast) has been awesome and extremely helpful.
I also had an issue with the new version having issues with Mailbox Creation - however the developer worked with me remotely to troubleshoot the issue and fix it right away - great service! All this and with a 16 hour time difference! Exc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.