EFA automates and simplifies email management. EFA is built on the premise that every time you want to file an email, your brain needs to conduct a context switch. That is, it needs to interrupt a usually high-value cognitive task for a low-value task, which is to think about where an email should be filed and then drag and drop that email into the target mailbox.
EFA addresses this issue by keeping track of the location of emails in your mailboxes. By analysing previous filings it is able to suggest the most likely locations where an email could be filed. All you need to do is to confirm a suggestion and EFA takes care of the rest.
Based on this premise, EFA presently offers the main key capabilities
- Individual Filing: The filing of a single email or a group of emails
- Batch Filing: The automatic filing of emails from an entire mailbox, such as Sent Items or Inbox
- Email Reply: A workflow that joins the steps of sending a reply email, filing it and co-filing the original email.
EFA functionality can be accessed from
- The main EFA window, both in a full and a minimalistic version
- A Head up Display, which is always in the foreground
- The Dock
- The Touch Bar on compatible MacBook Pro models.
- The keyboard.
EFA requires Apple Mail, which is part of macOS.
EFA 4 supports Catalina, Big Sur and Apple silicon, whilst maintaining support for Intel processors. We have added new functionality, such as email reply mode, file-with-sent-email, context menus, analytics and keyboard shortcuts. EFA 4 supports the pausing and resumption of the indexing process, and we've put particular focus on making indexing a faster and more transparent experience. Filing emails with EFA 4 is faster and more fluent compared to EFA 3.9X.
Key changes and additions
- Filing speed increase
- Indexing speed increase
- New: Email Reply: A workflow that joins the steps of sending a reply email, filing it and the original email.
- New: File with sent emails: Co-file conversations that go across the inbox and sent items
- New: Menu items and associated keyboard shortcuts to keyboard-control EFA
- New: Contextual mailbox-creation, favourite marking and mailbox exclusion setting
- New: Analytics dashboard
- New: Index pausing and resumption
- Upgraded the head-up display. Added a search bar.
- Fixed bugs in the German UI in relation to 'Ablageverknüpfung' and the maximum value of the indexer progress bars.
- EFA now remembers the position and the size of the HUD, Preferences, and file-with-sent windows.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a hotkey desperately
I've started using it and seems quite good. It took me sometime to realise that the app and Mail windows must be on your screen. If I could call the app with a hotkey, or from within Mail, that would give all the available 'space' from Mail.
Works with Catalina
This app is superior to, and works in conjunction with, the native Apple Mail feature that moves emails to folders. I use it on a MacPro and MacBook both of which run Catalina.
As far as I know this is the only app for helping to automate the organizing of Mac emails. Works well and the customer support is the best I’ve seen of any app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Karsten Schulz
- 1.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-21 Schulz Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.