Emb3D is high-performance 3D model viewer featuring several rendering options and an intuitive gesture interface.
Built by MeshLab developers with efficiency and usability in mind for modellers, architects, designers, and artists, Emb3D lets you show off your creations with a smooth and pleasant experience.
Emb3D features the brand new Unlimit3D Technology, thanks to which hi-poly 3D models with tens of millions of triangles and per-vertex color can be rendered at full resolution on mobile devices. And with the new ZBrush-like MatCap material, modelers can get the feel of professional desktop and workstation tools, enjoying a smooth interactive experience even with movie production assets.
The 3D viewer also features:
- native support for fully textured models with ambient, diffuse, specular, and normal maps;
- an intuitive multitouch gesture interface to let the user inspect every part of the model with high accuracy and precision;
- several rendering styles like wireframe and transparent x-ray;
- support for multiple file formats from the gaming to the 3D printing industry like PLY, STL, OBJ, COLLADA (DAE), and zip archives;
- in-app screenshot sharing.
Designed for smartphones and tablets, Emb3D lets you open your 3D models directly from e-mail attachments, Dropbox, WhatsApp messages, and much more.
Download Emb3D and start your real time 3D experience today!
- Fixed Facebook SDK version and other minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Best 3D viewer with some room for improvements. :EDITED:
This is the best 3D viewer on the App Store right now! It just does what it says it does. Some of the things I hope to see in future releases:
1) ability to store 3D models locally without needing to upload to external server
2) the humongous orbit removed. It’s just too distracting to have a colorful sphere encompassing your 3D model whenever you want to look around.
3) UI improvements! Having the “Models” window on a separate screen with thumbnails would be nice too.
Thanks for this otherwise great free app!
Hi Team Emb3D,
We exclusively use your app to review 3D models internally and with clients. These recommendations come from the hinderances I faced while using your app.
1) It used to be possible to just send 3D files to Ebm3D and it gets stored locally. Now I either have to wait for the files to upload or resend every time I want to look back to a certain version. This introduced an unnecessary step in my opinion!
2) The trackball was my second point and I strongly feel like it competes visually with what I’m trying to inspect.
3) we usually have multiple versions of the same model sent for review and I feel it’d be more intuitive to have a visual representation of the 3D files in thumbnails than to fully rely on filenames.
Other than that I think it’s perfect!
Can’t wait to see the upcoming releases! Keep up the great work guys!
Developer Response ,
we really appreciated that you updated your review, thanks.
We take seriously into account the opinion of every user, here are our answers:
1) We are aware of this, however we have now moved all storage to cloud with our new platform (see emb3d.com/visualreality). However, we will add again the local storage in the upcoming releases but only for our Pro users.
2) We heard you loud and clear about this :-). We will add an option to disable it.
3) This is an other upcoming feature.
Moreover in next releases you will be able to share models publicly and privately and to see them in AR. Stay tuned.
The Emb3D Team
can you elaborate more your opinion? Is your evaluation based only on the trackball?
Did you find the app useful for your usecase? If not, why?
The EMB3D Team
Great model viewer, and customer service is really helpful. It does what I need it to do (mostly). If yow had a 3d portfolio, this would fit the bill nicely, same with other 'I have something in 3d (certain formats only though), that I need to show to my Client/boss/potential employer/etc.' needs. Importing models is a snap, and lets me bring/view my collection anywhere.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, thank you very much for the appreciation. We are happy to support your work. Shall you have any suggestions for future releases, let us know. Best, The EMB3D Team
I recently gave this app negative review. I claimed that it was not useful because I didn't apply it correctly. I also said it wasn't as useful as meshlab for IOS and that was wrong. I apologize to the developers for this mistake. and thank you for your very useful application.
- Transform And Lighting Srl
- 71.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Transform And Lighting Srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.