Emb3d is a 3d model viewer app, you can visualize from the simplest to the most complex 3D models on your mobile device. You can also display models in augmented reality
Emb3D will let you use the most appropriate visual clues and rendering styles to fully show the potential of your creations
- High Performance Rendering
- Intuitive Gestures
- Multiple 3D Formats
- Enhanced Visualization
Show off your digital creations for entertainment or 3D printing!
Ratings and Reviews
Best viewer I’ve found yet but…
This is a great viewer for quick viewing of multiple 3D file types. Very useful for me when I’m working with 3D printing files. However, unless I’m just missing something, there’s no way to Share a file with this app or to associate file types with this app to be able to have it automatically open files. So you have to open the app and Add files to it to be able to view them. Biggest complaint I have, maybe the developers will see this and add this feature. I think it would be easy since many other apps allow use of the Share functionality in iPadOS.
Best 3D viewer with some room for improvements. :EDITED:
This is the best 3D viewer on the App Store right now! It just does what it says it does. Some of the things I hope to see in future releases:
1) ability to store 3D models locally without needing to upload to external server
2) the humongous orbit removed. It’s just too distracting to have a colorful sphere encompassing your 3D model whenever you want to look around.
3) UI improvements! Having the “Models” window on a separate screen with thumbnails would be nice too.
Thanks for this otherwise great free app!
Hi Team Emb3D,
We exclusively use your app to review 3D models internally and with clients. These recommendations come from the hinderances I faced while using your app.
1) It used to be possible to just send 3D files to Ebm3D and it gets stored locally. Now I either have to wait for the files to upload or resend every time I want to look back to a certain version. This introduced an unnecessary step in my opinion!
2) The trackball was my second point and I strongly feel like it competes visually with what I’m trying to inspect.
3) we usually have multiple versions of the same model sent for review and I feel it’d be more intuitive to have a visual representation of the 3D files in thumbnails than to fully rely on filenames.
Other than that I think it’s perfect!
Can’t wait to see the upcoming releases! Keep up the great work guys!
Developer Response ,
we really appreciated that you updated your review, thanks.
We take seriously into account the opinion of every user, here are our answers:
1) We are aware of this, however we have now moved all storage to cloud with our new platform (see emb3d.com/visualreality). However, we will add again the local storage in the upcoming releases but only for our Pro users.
2) We heard you loud and clear about this :-). We will add an option to disable it.
3) This is an other upcoming feature.
Moreover in next releases you will be able to share models publicly and privately and to see them in AR. Stay tuned.
The Emb3D Team
can you elaborate more your opinion? Is your evaluation based only on the trackball?
Did you find the app useful for your usecase? If not, why?
The EMB3D Team
Does not do anything out of the box
There seem to be a number of hurdles to jump over in order to actually see anything inside this app. It does not come with any models to try out the interface, and the website is rather challenging to navigate, at least on an iPad. It apparently has links to download models, but they do nothing. The sign up feature doesn’t seem to work well at all. It’s basically a useless app out of the box with downloaded from the App Store. I wonder if they even tested out their website on an iPad, it appears you can’t do anything unless you sign up first. They claim in the comments here that you can open up files from websites, but there’s nothing in Safari that allows you to open a file directly inside this app. The workflow is clearly not obvious.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Netfarm s.r.l.
- 70.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Netfarm S.r.l.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove ADS $9.99
- Emb3D PRO Monthly $4.49
- Emb3D PRO Yearly $46.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.