Emerald Chronometer 4+
Emerald Sequoia LLC
These models of high-end mechanical watch faces contain many of the most complex "complications" found in real watches, plus refinements found nowhere else. All displays maintain the look and feel of real mechanical objects, but with the time and location accuracy of the iPhone.
NOTE: This app (Emerald Chronometer) is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Please also see Emerald Chronometer HD, a separate product optimized for the iPad.
- Highly accurate data from 4000 BCE to 2800 CE
- Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 classical planets
- The correct shape and orientation of the Moon in all phases but still using a mechanical display
- Relative positions of the Sun, Moon, 6 planets and the constellations of the zodiac
- "Compass functions" show the elevation and azimuth of the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 planets
- The Equation of Time, solar time and sidereal time
- Eclipse predictor (lunar node indicators and separation indicator)
- User settable geographic location and timezone using an 80,000 city database
- A unique face showing the rise and set times of all 5 classical planets plus the Sun and the Moon at once
- Day/date/month/year indicators, using mechanical wheels
- Local and UTC time
- Chronograph (stopwatch) with split timer, 1/10 sec accuracy
- Alarm clock and interval timer; notifications are delivered in iOS 4 if the app is not running**
- World-time watch with 24-city ring on one side and 4 subdials on the other
- Calendar watch with rotating wheels showing a full month at a time
- Most watches with 1/5 sec or 1/10 sec precision
- Synchronized with standard atomic clocks via NTP
There are 16 watches in all, with 27 total watch faces (including front and back sides).
A setting is available to allow the display to stay on only when plugged in.
Play with the watches by tapping on the crown and moving the hands, or press and hold on a date window to zoom through time to see the effect on the heavens. Then just use them to show you when it's time for a break.
A complete description of each application feature can be found in the built-in Help screens and on the Emerald Sequoia LLC Web Site, which also includes a demo movie. A developer's blog may also be found at http://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/ .
If you are having any trouble with the application whatsoever, please see our FAQ on the support page listed below and then contact us through that page if your problem is not resolved. We take pride in responding promptly to all support email requests.
**NTP accuracy is not guaranteed for alarm delivery if the app is not running. (NTP requires Internet access. Like all apps Emerald Chronometer can not change the device's internal clock.)
- Support for Dark Mode
- Support for iOS 15
Ratings and Reviews
If you are looking for an app that shows you time with a sense of elegance and beauty, not to mention excellent functionality, then this one is for you. I spent several days (in my spare time) surfing around the Apple App Store looking for a product just like this. Not only does this app run and function as the developer claims, but the learning curve for setup is very short and easily understood. What really caught my eye before I purchased this app was the build history here. This app goes back in time a good 8 or 9 years. Best $2 I ever spent on an app. 5 stars and keep up the good work here!
The app better than an app better than the best app
Last week, I got Emerald Geneva, and it was amazing. However, it only included one watch. Thankfully, I found a spare gift card and purchased this app after clearing storage. This is now my favorite app ever. It’s well designed, and cannot contemplate how someone could’ve designed this. Phenomenal, extraordinary. Shout-out to the team of developers who somehow designed this. Also, thank you. 10,000 stars
A venerable Timepiece App
I’ve had this timepiece app for most of its existence from 2008. It still holds up very well with solid graphics and numerous watch faces and functions. When the first Apple Watch came out in 2015, it no doubt adversely impacted dedicated iPhone watch apps but the developer of this app kept until last year. Hopefully it’s not the end of updates for the app but it will likely work for a long time to come.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Emerald Sequoia LLC
- 216.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2016 Emerald Sequoia LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.