Video/Info for: Emotional Stress Release
Emotional stress is characterized by feelings of anger, betrayal, victimization, loss, etc. No matter how perfect is one’s life, there will be some times where emotional distress will come into one’s life. For such times, it is important to know and use tools that help release this stress.
Mindful breathing exercises shown in this app, as well as breath timing control resources in this app, help dissipate worries in several ways:
* A complex breathing sequence can distract the mind from mental stress since so much attention is needed to follow the breathing sequence.
* The use of an affirmation during the breathing sequence can help one purposefully take the mind from a worried state to a lighter joyful state. Affirmations like “I will overcome”, “I am confident”, “I am optimistic”, etc., create a positive force to negate the forces of worry.
* The use of visualization while using the breath timing feature can also help the mind come to a calmer and optimistic state. A wide range of visual animations are available in the customization section as one prepares the breath timing playlist.
All of the breathing sequences are presented in the Learning Studio along with detailed instructions. The user will find them easy to master.
In the customization space of the app one can create a Video Playlist from the videos from the Learning Studio. These playlists can be used to guide yourself through a sequence at times set by you, using the reminders feature in the customization area.
In this app, we also have the Breath Timing Playlist feature where the user can do the following while using a breath sequence chosen and memorized from the Learning Studio:
1. customize breath time and breath phase (i.e. inhale time, pause after inhale, exhale time and pause after exhale);
2. add visualization by choosing and animation while breathing and this animation expands and contracts helping the user keep pace with the chosen breath, and
3. choose an affirmation that uplifts one’s mind state.
- Gurmentor, Inc.
- 97 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Gurmentor, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- First Customization $4.99
- Topic 1 Customization $0.99
- Topic 2 Customization $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.