Empathy Pics: Social Skills 4+
Emotions & Inferencing for SLP
Aptus Speech and Language Therapy Limited
Designed for iPad
A highly versatile resource that targets higher level expressive language, social inferencing, theory of mind, reasoning, problem-solving and conversation skills.
Help older children, teens and young adults learn to make social inferences, interpret other people’s feelings, talk about their own emotions and experiences and learn what to say in social situations.
- Get a speech therapy tool that helps foster the development of important social skills
- Improve higher level expressive language, social inferencing, theory of mind, reasoning, problem-solving and conversation skills
- Continue speech therapy practice at home with an app that’s simple for everyone to use
- Create the right experience for each individual with the option to select and deselect picture scenes
Here’s how it works:
ACTIVITY 1: EMOTIONS & SITUATIONS
Look at the picture, then touch the 5 buttons to see each question. The questions are adapted for each picture scene but they follow the same pattern. Hear the question spoken aloud by the app, read it aloud for the user or ask them to read it aloud.
Each question acts as a thinking prompt and encourages interaction between the user and the Speech Language Pathologist, teacher or family member. Learners are encouraged to think deeply about the people in the pictures, the situations they are in and how they might feel.
Question 1: Describe what you see in the picture
Question 2: Identify how the other person is feeling
Question 3: Discuss how you would feel in the same situation
Question 4: Discuss what you would do in the same situation
Question 5: Discuss a similar situation that has happened to you (if applicable)
ACTIVITY 2: SHOWING CONCERN
Look at the picture. Hear the scenario spoken aloud by the app, read it aloud for the user or ask them to read it aloud.
The user is asked to think about what they might say to the other person to express their interest or show their concern. Multiple choice answers are available.
- 100+ clear, high-quality picture scenes
- Questions that prompt deep social thinking and encourage interaction
- Results summary that can be emailed
- Results tracking and in-built storage (activity 2)
- Designed specifically for older children, teens and young adults with social skills difficulties due to autism, Asperger's syndrome or brain injury
- Perfect for treating higher-level expressive language, cognitive-communication, pragmatic and social communication difficulties
- No subscriptions, no monthly bills, no wi-fi needed
Are you looking for a different type of speech therapy app? We have a wide range to choose from for adults and children. Find the one you need at http://www.aptus-slt.com/
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Aptus Speech and Language Therapy Limited
- 141.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Aptus Speech and Language Therapy
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.