ERC, or Employee Real Cost, is a calculator that employers can use to calculate the real payroll cost to hire a new employee. ERC gives you a breakdown of your payroll tax obligations for your next perspective new hire or you can use ERC to calculate your existing employee costs at various earnings.
ERC calculates all US federal and state payroll tax obligations and you can include additional expenses, like health and dental benefits, equipment, office space, and other costs in ERC.
ERC does not calculate employee take home pay or employee withholdings.
ERC is supported on all iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 10.3 and above. ERC only supports iOS. ERC is compatible with iPhone 5/5s/SE, iPhone 6/6+, iPhone 6s/6s+, iPhone 7/7+, iPhone 8/8+, iPhone X, all iPads Regular/Air/mini Retina, and all iPad Pros 9.7/10.5/12.9. ERC no longer supports iPhone 4/4s.
To see if ERC is right for you, please visit the web-based help file for more information.
1. Payroll tax rates are automatically updated.
2. Payroll tax rates from all US states are now supported, not just California. If your company employs out-of-state workers or your company is located in border towns, you can use ERC to calculate the cost to hire.
3. Other costs, like benefits and operational costs, can now be added to your hire cost calculation.
4. Share your computed earnings calculations by email, message, AirDrop, etc.
5. Multiple cost fields like Social Security Tax and Other Costs can be turned on/off depending on your needs.
6. Federal Unemployment rate is now adjustable.
7. UI and designs improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app just needs a few things
This app I found great to get the numbers to hire an employee. It does need the option to add a box that you can input what every you like. For example if I hired someone I may need to order some kind of service. Or if I need to add the medical and payroll I can. But since it's a blank spot that would allow us to put anything in there we wanted to to make sure everything adds up. Other than that this is a nice simple app.
Very helpful app
This is a very helpful app for doing quick and easy calculations on the real cost (salary + payroll taxes + workers comp) for hiring an employee. Highly recommended for small businesses!
It possible its accurate.
Did not realize that this is only for one state CA. Was hoping was accurate for other states. Read entire description. Too much for such a limited app.
Developer Response ,
Hi Starchaser5000, the new version of the app now has the ability to choose states other than CA.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.