We're there for you on every shift! The easy-to-use EMRA Antibiotic Guide helps you navigate the multitude of choices in antibiotics quickly and efficiently so you can offer your patients the best care based on the latest guidelines. This app helps you protect against overprescribing, address pediatric dosage questions, examine penicillin usage, and more.
Find the most current antibiotic recommendations based on organ system, diagnosis, or organism; virtually every type of infectious disease is covered. This powerful app includes:
- Dosage Calculator: Get a fast, accurate calculation based on your specific patient
- Universal, predictive search for speedy navigation
- Antibiotic costs
- Choosing Wisely recommendations
- Pregnancy and Pediatric guidance
- Recently FDA-approved drugs
- And more!
The EMRA ABx Guide is an accurate, easy-to-use quick reference that will become your lifeline in the emergency department.
About Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association
Founded in 1974, EMRA promotes excellence in patient care through the education and development of emergency medicine residency trained physicians. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This purchase will subscribe you to the latest digital edition of the EMRA Antibiotic Guide.
• Get easy-to-use ABx recommendations on-shift, continuously updated with the latest content.
• Your subscription is for the period of one year.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm your purchase.
• Please note that your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at a renewal cost of $9.99 USD per year (price may vary in other markets).
• You can manage your subscriptions and the auto-renewal setting may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• Use of this application requires a subscription. There is no free trial period.
The EMRA Antibiotic Guide content, including all content offered under subscription, is intended for a single user on devices belonging to that user. Use of this app running on a common device shared by an organization is disallowed.
This resource is intended as a general guide to therapy only. While the editors have taken reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy of drug and dosing information presented herein, the user is encouraged to consult other resources when necessary to confirm appropriate therapy, side effects, interactions, and contraindications. The publisher, authors, editors, and sponsoring organizations specifically disclaim any liability for omissions or errors found in this resource, for appropriate use, or treatment errors. Further, although this resource is as comprehensive as possible, the vast differences in emergency practice settings may necessitate treatment approaches other than those presented here.
Bug fixes and content improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So easy to use!
I have been a fan of the book for years and even have attendings asking to borrow it. Finally downloaded the app and couldn’t be happier! It’s so much faster to find the related topic than flipping through a book and the displays are slick. In the app form, the updates are now more frequent instead of waiting for a reprint of the book. I encourage everyone to switch.
Good guide but needs app updates
The app is great but needs to be more user friendly and fix the little bugs like needing to click a little lower on the top buttons for them to actually be clicked and the scrolling bar almost in the middle of the screen when you’re reading about anything.
Hugely overrated, don’t waste your money
This app is almost a joke. The content is sparse, design amateurish, there are unreadable tables one can’t zoom into. Buy something serious, such as John Hopkins. Or use something free and great such as InfectiousDisease Compendium by Mark Crislip.
There is no trial for a reason. No professional would buy it. $10 wasted.
- Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
- 48.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
- In-App Purchases
- EMRA ABx Guide Subscription $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.