This is the first EMS pocket drug guide that contains the detailed information typically found only in much larger reference books. EMS Pocket Drug Guide is a true must-have for any level EMS provider from basic to advancedc for quick and reliable reference in the field.
DETAILED ENOUGH TO PROVIDE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW!
• Essential data on more than 1,000 of the most commonly used prescribed medications and more than 75 drugs most often used in the pre-hospital setting
• Drug-specific EMS pearls, including signs and symptoms of overdose and specific overdose management
• Sections on popular medicinal herbs and common street drugs
• Quick-reference tables encapsulate essential information
• Street Drug section updated to include "bath salts" and salvia
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
EMT student - advice from a veteran medic
As a new EMT student, especially coming to the profession later in life I am both eager to learn and also very cognizant of what I will not know and need help with. Our Paramedics are terrific and sharing knowlegde and giving me the opportunity to safely for the patient learn hands on. There is a need for good reference materials at hand. One of our most experienced medics was taking me through recording and checking patient medications and I asked a question about a pharmaceutical he didn't have an immediate answer to and pulled out his paper EMS reference; I was impressed with the comprehensive, yet targeted information just what we need. I asked where to get one and he said it was a gift from his wife. I naturally looked it up on my on my phone and found the app; not inexpensive as apps go, but worth all $15. I downloaded it immediately and use daiy. The iPhone and mobile devices are now key tools in the EMS world and always in our pockets for a hundred different things. Most drug references are either ad heavy, dependant on a wireless connection or crowd sourced sometimes all three; none very helpful for on the road / in the field EMS work where time and accuracy are crictical. I highly recommend.
Excellent app easy to really research medications procedures really helpful in treating your patient.
Missing basic ems drugs
It’s good for helping identify some lesser known prescriptions, but missing the basic drugs carried by ems like dopamine and adenosine. Also has different uses other than what ems uses it for the ones it does have like atropine.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 78.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.