Encrypted Email Tutanota 4+
Secure, private mail, calendar
Tutanota, the fully secure encrypted email and calendar app, enables you to keep your private data private! We never compromise on security or privacy. Tutanota comes with a light & beautiful GUI, a dark theme, offline availability, instant push notifications, auto-sync, full-text search, swipe gestures and more.
What you'll love about Tutanota for iOS:
- Instant access to your encrypted inbox, calendars and contacts.
- Focus on the important emails only by quickly swiping unimportant mails to Archive or Trash.
- Get push notifications instantly.
- Auto-complete email addresses as you type.
- Auto-sync between app, web client and desktop clients.
- Tutanota is free and open source software (FOSS) so that security experts can check the code.
- Anonymous registration without a phone number.
- Send calendar invites directly from the app.
- Find everything you're looking for with our locally executed full-text search of your encrypted emails.
- Create your own Tutanota email address (ending in @tutanota.com, @tutanota.de, @tutamail.com, @tuta.io or @keemail.me) with 1 GB of free storage.
- Create custom domain email addresses for €1 per month with optional catch-all.
- Send and receive end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody.
- Send and receive old-fashioned emails (not end-to-end encrypted). Even these emails are stored encrypted on the Tutanota servers.
- Automatically encrypt subject, content and attachments.
- With Tutanota's built-in encryption you own your data, no one else can access it.
The secure email app Tutanota enables you to send end-to-end encrypted emails to anybody. Even emails that are being sent without end-to-end encryption and all your contacts are stored securely encrypted on the Tutanota servers based in Germany. Tutanota also has an encrypted calendar, easily accessible from within the mail client.
Our passion for privacy.
Tutanota is being built by a team passionate about everybody's right to privacy. We are supported by an amazing community, which enables us to grow our team continuously, making the open source email app Tutanota a lasting success without depending on venture capital interests.
Tutanota respects you & your data:
- Only you can access your encrypted emails, calendars & contacts.
- Tutanota does not track or profile you.
- Open source clients & apps.
- Innovative full-text search feature lets you easily search your mailbox.
- TLS with support of PFS, DMARC, DKIM, DNSSEC and DANE.
- Secure password reset that gives us absolutely no access.
- 100% developed and located in Germany under strict Data Protection Laws (GDPR).
- Uses 100% renewable energy.
Official website: https://tutanota.com
Source code: https://github.com/tutao/tutanota
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. Seehttp://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
fixed Accessibility Problems
Ratings and Reviews
BEST EMAIL SERVICE EVER!
The app is very comprehensive and extremely easy to used and work’s fantastic i have had zero problems while using it and there has been no trouble receiving or sending emails but what i really want to share is the service itself they have been absolutely amazing they are always quick to respond and have had perfect customer service even when i was late on my payment they were quick to email me and ask what was going on and it wasnt some machine sending a automated message either like most services “pay us money or else” i explained the situation and they were happy to help i asked for a small extension due to some emergencies that had happened and they agreed no problem i would recommend this service to anyone who needs a secure private email or really anyone who needs a email service in general if you are out there and you have some gmail account and dont mind spending a few bucks a month then due yourself a favor and switch over because its worth every penny and you wont have to deal with the typical nonsensical bull that most services put people through i love this service THANKS TUTANOTA! Keep being awesome
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your awesome feedback! 😍
The email standard we’ve needed
Hoping to update this review as I go, but I have been frustrated by the disregard for privacy from gmail and decided to make a change. I looked at Proton and Tutanota as options. Proton, while admittedly a more polished UI (at this point), could not beat Tuta when it came to mission, execution, and providing the best for their users. Main example of where Proton lost me: some (granted, few) basic features are tucked behind the paywall. And they remind you constantly. Tuta meanwhile has everything I need to make this my primary email, doesn’t shame me for not paying, and the cost for upgrading makes it something I’ll likely do if I switch over completely. The app on iOS and Windows haven’t given me any trouble so far.
Looking forward to this company’s mission becoming a standard of privacy in email for the future! Keep up the great work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, that's nice to read. 😍
Can’t read email on mobile app because font is too small
First, I am a paying user and think you have an excellent service, so I’m rating your mobile app not your service. Even after the most recent update for mobile the font is still too small and hard to read. I’ve used other email mobile apps and never had this issue so I know it is possible. Is there a reason why when I open an email on my phone the font has to be so small? Another reviewer asked the same question and recommended adding the ability to be able pinch and zoom out to manually enlarge the text. Your response was to double tap on the screen to make the font bigger. Well, unfortunately that makes the font too big for the screen (I have a large screen) and then you have to constantly scroll back and forth on the screen to read an email. The solution would be for the font to be the correct size and be readable when I open an email without having to double tap because that creates another issue as I pointed out. It’s the small attention to details that can set you apart from the rest of the field.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback, we will see how we can improve this in the future! We are glad that you are happy with the service overall. :)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tutao GmbH
- 12.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Armenian, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Norwegian Bokmål, Occitan, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Tutao GmbH