Encyclopedia: Human Diseases and Conditions
This app is a health reference about a wide variety of diseases and conditions, nutrition and dietary practices, treatments and drugs, as well as other issues associated with general health. It offers current and accurate information on approximately 450 diseases and conditions. The topics covered include tropical diseases (malaria, Chagasí disease), infectious diseases (STDs, HIV/AIDS), many cancers, worrisome conditions (hives, hair loss), psychological conditions (phobias, obsessive/compulsive disorder), and human conditions (addiction, homelessness), as well as public health issues (environmental diseases, bioterrorism, vaccination) and issues of interest to the young adult audience growth, puberty, suicide, sports injuries, eating disorders).
Each entry has an introductory paragraph of one sentence to three short paragraphs defining the topic with parenthetical guides to pronouncing important and possibly unfamiliar terms. The body of the entry is defined by headings in the form of questions starting with a story of a person affected by the disease/condition. Typical headings include:
- What is the disease/condition?
- How common is the disease/condition?
- Is the disease/condition contagious?
- How do people know they have the disease/condition?
- How do doctors diagnose and treat the disease/condition (with subheads Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications if needed)?
- Can the disease/condition be prevented?
- Jon Than Sim
- 201.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Sun Dragon Egg, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.