"the idea of a last bon voyage, guns blazing, at the edge of charted, or uncharted, space is… well, frankly it’s pretty great"
End of the Universe is a challenging, fast-paced space shooter with rogue-like elements. Players rapidly build up and break custom star fighters with every run, all while trying to survive existential horrors lurking at the edge of space.
Designed for short, energetic sessions with a one-touch control scheme. There are over 100 otherworldly weapons and skills to discover, 1000s of meaningfully different ship combinations to create, and hundreds of enemy types to face down.
The game also features a branching narrative with dozens of unique environments and challenges to encounter. The farther out you get, the more bizarre things become.
-1000s of dynamically generated ships to unlock and upgrade.
-Challenging, skill-based combat with mobile-friendly controls.
-Streamlined & deep ship modification system.
-Colorful, retro-styled pixel art.
-70+ Game--changing skills and weapons to find and master.
-60+ enemy and boss variations to take down.
-Challenging endgame with secrets to unlock.
-Dozens of unique, mind-bending environments to discover.
-Massive replayability with branching narrative choices that can take players across entirely different ends of the universe.
-Two-touch controls and swipe are now ambidextrous
-Boost drop logic improved
-Drag sensitivity slider added
-Collider precision improved
-Base collision damage reduced
-Map size variation increased
-Enemy spawning logic improved
Ratings and Reviews
Some Fixes, Then Greatness
The developer clearly continues to care about his game (which makes sense after so much effort already put in!). The last couple of updates have been awesome. Here are my further suggestions:
1. Boost gets me killed more often than it helps. Now that two finger control is in, maybe make boost activate when swiping with the second finger?
2. There is a bug where you end up on a stage with infinite squid things (tentacles and with mouth on top). They keep spawning even if you kill them over and over for an hour and your hand cramps up painfully. Another thing to note is that when this happens the squid things also have a glitched attack where they have the spark animation but no “bullets” fly out. So the poor things are defenseless except for ramming you. Every time I’ve gotten this glitched stage (twice now) I’ve maxed out my ship XP, since they continue to drop that.
3. What is the logic behind when you unlock a ship? I have all my ships maxed out and any further runs seem to just waste XP until I “magically” unlock a new ship between stages. Also, a better way to manage your hangar would be cool, like the screen on the promotional stuff where you see all your ships arranged in a grid.
4. More scenarios, with greater impact on game play, are of course welcome. I have all of the in game text and choices memorized lol.
Great idea, a few suggestions
It’s a fun and addicting game to play a few minutes at a time. Has some clear similarities to Immortal Rogue, so fans of that should like this. Interesting decisions in upgrading the ship. At first seems impossibly difficult but gets better with practice.
A few minor complaints: 1. I wish there were something useful to do with XP once the ship is at level 3. 2. Some of the upgrades are just not useful. For example, increased movement speed, or anything that involves boosting, would just make me more likely to crash. 3. All of the locations I can visit feel about the same. It would be nice if each had unique rules.
overall an amazing, well-made game that I would definitely recommend. I’ve enjoyed playing this game for several hours, but a game-breaking bug has really hurt my view of this game. another review has already mentioned this, but every time the warp needle cannon appears (can’t remember the exact name, but the light weapon that bounces between enemies) the game freezes and an error message is displayed. since it is impossible to avoid having the weapon appear, it is frustrating for runs to be deleted. I do love this game and hope that this bug can be fixed soon <3
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kyle Barrett
- 63.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Kyle Barrett
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.