Collect, collaborate, create from anywhere with the EndNote app - the world's most popular research management tool. With flexible tools for searching, organizing, sharing research, and creating bibliographies, the EndNote app extends your ability to stay on top of cutting edge research and connect with your EndNote library on the go.
EndNote enables you to easily view, edit, organize, and share research material on your iOS device. By syncing your research library across iOS, online, and desktop, you increase the power of EndNote by gaining seamless access to your reference library from multiple devices and platforms.
The EndNote app includes:
- Sign up for a free, EndNote online account or sign in to an existing account
- Synchronize your library references, attachments, and PDF annotations to your online account and X9 desktop
- Built in web browser to search Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, PubMed, Google Scholar, your library catalog, or any other database you choose
- Built in PDF viewer with wide range of annotation features. Annotations made can be synced and edited online and on the X9 desktop
- Importing capabilities for .ris, .nbib, and other popular reference file formats
- Email and copy options for sharing references and file attachments with collaborators
- EndNote “temporary citation” format support
- Attach files from Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to your references (accounts available separately)
- Viewing and editing options for references and file attachments
- Sorting, searching, and grouping options for references and file attachments
- Getting Started Guide documentation
New in this release:
* Dark mode support.
* Search within PDF attachments.
* Improved PDF annotation tools and handling.
* Fixed issues with 3rd party storage linking (i.e. OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox).
* iOS compatibility updates.
* Numerous other more minor bug fixes.
We are working hard to improve the user experience for all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback.
For help or to leave feedback, please visit us at: http://endnote.com/ios/contact
Ratings and Reviews
Good app, please consider the following
The app is overall good. However, to make the app a great resource for reading and annotating papers, please consider better Apple Pencil integration (double tapping, scrolling with finger while in annotation mode with pencil, etc.). In addition, for some reason, switching between apps from EndNote does not seem to be working. Finally, the search function for new papers to add to the library should be improved as well (right now, I primarily rely on the Mac app to add new papers and sync). The web interface is not particularly helpful. It would be easier to search directly in the app and import the paper right into the library.
Great app, room for improvement
The lack of a good iOS app had moved me away from the gold standard of reference apps, which is endnote.
To my surprise Endnote has made a great come back! Specifically:
1) iPhone app
2) great integration with pubmed and google scholar and easy downloading of citations
3) create temporary citations, which in conjunction with endnote web allow for a 100% iOS workflow to create bibliography on scientific articles. WOW!
4) the PDFs of the references can be shared and are not locked in inside the app
There are a couple more things that if they get incorporated, then they would improve even more the great experience. These things in order of perceived (by me) complexity are:
1) allow the customization of the info that gets presented about an article. Specifically I don’t like that I have to “dig in” to find my research notes about an article, I would like them to show up on the top
2) allow for subgroup creation
3) allow the PDFs to be accessed by files app
4) automatic citation creation for newly imported PDFs (similar to what the desktop app does)
5) automatic download of PDFs (similar to what the desktop app does)
Really nice experience. Some improvements necessary.
The overall use of the app is great. The improvements in pdf annotation and support for Apple Pencil are a life changer.
I do most of my readings on the iPad and manage my library on the Mac app, which is really slow compared to the iOS version. However, a really important feature is not present in the iOS version. How to filter and/or change the read flag for a reference. Once I read, and annotate the document on the iPad, and sync my libraries, on the desktop app the reference still is flagged as unread. The same on the iPad is not trivial to find out which references I read or not. That’s the only reason of not given the app a 5 star.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Clarivate Analytics (US) LLC
- 96.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Clarivate Analytics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.