English Spanish Dictionary G. 4+
General Reference Dictionary
Word Magic Software
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
WORKS OFFLINE With over 718,000 entries, 524,000 translations, 558,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples, voice feature and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages, this is the best Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary App you can find.
Recommended in the Store. Bilingual voice options for regional pronunciation and easy-to-follow verb conjugations create an interactive learning experience. Definitions and added examples are included in both languages and all terminology shows detailed classification, making gender, noun type or parts of speech easy to identify. Internet connection needed only for images and spell checker.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses. Even the Spanish VOS conjugation is included.
• 2 million+ Spanish conjugated verbal forms fully identifiable as dictionary entries, plus another two million plurals and feminines of nouns impeccably inflected in Spanish with their exact equivalencies in English
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
• Covers American and British English.
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American and British English.
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations (even with a misplaced or a missing accent).
• Identically spelled words in both languages are displayed twice in the List (each with a flag).
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations
• 40,000+ famous quotes in both languages. Linked to root words.
• Optional display of syllable separation (Spanish words).
• Delete all favorite words with one button
• Shake for random word.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History - share by email.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Dropbox - Sync your favorites among your devices.
• Customize using available themes and fonts.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc.
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 55,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin. (as separate In-App purchase)
- 4,500 + new difficult words (as separate In-App purchase)
* Thousands of new words and phrases
* Hundreds of corrections
Ratings and Reviews
Most Comprehensive Spanish English Dictionary
I have 5 or 6 Spanish / English dictionaries that I use and my word Magic dictionary is better than all of them. I have the Collins, Oxford, and Berlitz Spanish dictionaries and none of them are as good as this one. I read a Spanish Bible everyday using the Olive Tree Bible app and when I click on a word it will bring up the Apple built in dictionary which habitually gives some minor definition of the word and omits the major one. Then I look up the definition in Word Magic and it gives me all of the meanings. Many times I can't find a word in my other dictionaries but it is in Word Magic. l only wish there was a way in IOS to make Word Magic my default Spanish / English dictionary instead of the one they use.
Outstanding Reference App
This is my go-to reference when I’m reading any text in Spanish. I can enter the word exactly as it appears in the text and this app will find it. Of course this is especially helpful for verbs.
The more I use this app the more features I appreciate. I especially like the examples of uses of the word in context. I can explore other words mentioned, such as synonyms and easily return to the word I searched on.
With one change, they destroyed the app
In a single upgrade this product goes from 5 stars to 1 star (and I would give it a zero if I could). In the new version 7.0.0, suddenly the verb conjugation feature no longer works, making the app essentially useless. You would think the developers would have noticed this before releasing the product.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Word Magic Software Ltda.
- 604 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Word Magic Software Ltda.
- In-App Purchases
- Additional Examples $1.99
- All Dictionaries $11.99
- Flashcards and Favorites $1.99
- Difficult Words $1.99
- Medical Dictionary $4.99
- Phonetic Transcription (IPA) $1.99
- Notes $0.99
- Birds Dictionary $1.99
- Business Dictionary $3.99
- Law Dictionary $3.99