WORKS OFFLINE. By far, the largest Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary App at any price! It includes all our specialized terminology (Legal, Medical, etc.) and natural-sounding voices in a variety of bilingual accents. Featuring a detailed Verb Conjugator, translations with definitions, examples, and quotes; results are easy to review while you navigate in-depth information for each entry.
So easy to use it detects misspelled words regardless of the input language, it is ideal for students but perfect for professionals who can create a truly personalized dictionary by customizing displayed results. Internet connection needed only for images and spell checker.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses. Even the Spanish VOS conjugation is included.
• Over 1,299,000 entries, 2,284,000 translations, 3,221,000 synonyms, 814,000 antonyms, 196,000 definitions, 96,000 examples, 146,000 quotes, 66,000 images.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations
• Shake for random word display.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 66,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
- 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
- 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
- 550,000 classified entries in total.
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
- 4,500 + new difficult words
• Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.
First of all, we at Word Magic Software hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and, to the extent possible, at home taking care of what's most important.
In this version you can find:
- Hundreds of additions and corrections to the database.
- Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best dictionary. Important study tool.
If you don't mind paying people for providing a great app, BUY THIS APP. There are lots of "free" dictionary web apps. They are good; I use a number of them. But this app is great. It downloads the dictionary to my iPad so I still can use it without an internet connection. The dictionary is large and contains many features. The app is easy to use. They are working hard to improve it; there are useful updates. It is a valuable addition to my Spanish studies. BTW, I know nothing is perfect, little issues remain (I would love more etymological information), but it has helped me tremendously in becoming an advanced Spanish student. This dictionary is one of the tools that can help a beginner through advanced student. And with features like flash cards and other didactic tools to review selected words this dictionary can help an intermediate student progress to advanced levels. Let it help you.
A great app!
I use this all the time when communicating with colleagues in Latin America. I speak and write Spanish fairly fluently, but this helps me check vocabulary and colloquialisms which vary from country to country. My work is medical volunteerism, and I am pleased with the breadth of medical and technical vocabulary included. I highly recommend it; I don’t know how I would correspond without it.
Best Spanish Dictionary
I have tried many of the Spanish dictionaries and none of them compare to word magics. It is the best on the market. It has a great verb conjugator with all the tenses and even will pronounce all words and phrases for you. It is fantastic must-have for any person who needs a Spanish dictionary were for reference.
- Word Magic Software Ltda.
- 681.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Word Magic Software Ltda.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.