With unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, novices and experienced players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku +. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Enter games from the newspaper
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and XY-Chains
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku, this is the app for you!
Fixed crashing bug in scan from camera and photo library.
Restored Play button in Style of Play description.
:) Sudoku + is now usable in Dark Mode, although still missing complete support.
Ratings and Reviews
Jason Linhart has created the most full-featured, best thought-out version of Sudoku anywhere. Whether you are a novice, or a seasoned Sudoku junky, there is a level of either ease or difficulty that’s right for you. Looking for a challenge? Leave Enjoy Sudoku connected to the internet to compare your time completing your last puzzle with hundreds of other players who have finished the same one as you. Looking to destress? Disconnect from the internet and turn the timer off and take as much time as you need. Stuck on the puzzle you’re working on, but aren’t ready to give up on it entirely? You have the option to save up to five puzzles at a time, returning to each of them with fresh eyes when you’re ready. Looking to ramp up your skills? Enjoy Sudoku has several built in tutorials to help you expand your understanding of the game.
As for me, I have deleted all of the other Sudoku apps from my phone because they just can’t compare.
Best of ANY Sudoku Game
I've tried a lot of other sudoku games but this continues to be the best, most advanced and full-featured one, especially if you want to improve your skills. Amazing training tools.
Update #1: Still the best by far! I would gladly pay a lot more for this particular Sudoku app.
Update #2: Years after I first downloaded this, it remains the best out there. I’ve paid for a lot of games that I wish I had never downloaded, or I got bored with them, but this one remains on my phone as the best Sudoku game available. One nice feature is every day it loads a new set of games, one in each difficulty. If you just want a fast and easy game, you can pick that. If you want a hard one, pick that. If you get stuck, the help starts off as a hint, but if the solution uses a technique you don’t yet know, it walks you through learning it.
Free version is so good I had to upgrade
I've been playing this for a while. I have another free version on my phone, and it has two big drawbacks: 1) lately it is inundated with ads, and 2) if I'm stuck, I can reveal the answer but I don't learn anything.
This version is great because if I'm stuck, there are tutorials, which get more and more in-depth. For a while I didn't understand about the "fatal combination" or whatever it's called -- what it is, there are some number patterns that would allow for two correct solutions. The pure Sudoku always has a solution and only one solution. So in addition to not having two of the same number in a row, column or rectangle, I also can't have a situation where there's more than one possibility. I'm learning. (Slowly). The tutorials proceed slowly, so if I get it sooner, I can return to the game sooner.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jason Linhart
- 5.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Jason T. Linhart
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.