This fully featured monophonic synthesizer can create a huge variety of sounds. Fat basses, stabby leads, glitchy noises, old style chip tune sounds (including arpeggios), weird percussion, you name it. Enkl does the job!
Enkl comes with 93 high quality factory presets, all crafted by professional music producers. Of course it is possible to create new ones and save.
The Extended Keyboard makes Enkl really fun to play in standalone mode, choose scale, key and hit it off!
With Audio Unit, Inter App Audio, AudioBus and MIDI support it’s easy to connect the app to other DAW apps, MIDI generator apps or external devices.
When it comes to MIDI, Enkl supports both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT. It’s even possible to play other MIDI compatible instruments with the Extended Keyboard.
• AUv3 support
• Realtime rendered audio - no samples involved
• Two separate oscillators with separate LFO’s
• Oscillators can generate Triangle, Sawtooth, Square or Noise waveforms
• Oscillators can be summed or multiplied together
• Each LFO has its own ADSR and modulates its oscillator’s pitch or volume
• High cut and low cut filter with resonance (also controllable via MIDI)
• Chiptune-style arpeggiator
• Legato mode
• Ping-pong delay as a post effect
• Three band EQ as a post effect
• MIDI support (including IAA MIDI and Virtual MIDI)
• Extended Keyboard for live performing (also sends MIDI to any output port)
• Local on / off
• Pitch bend, Modulation, Low Cut, High Cut and Resonance controllable via MIDI
• Comes with 93 factory presets
• Documentation within app
• Works as a Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) with compliant hosts.
• Inter App Audio support
• AudioBus support including state saving
Check out the product webpage for a video demo and more info.
Feedback or suggestions? Drop us a mail: support(at)klevgrand.se or @klevgrand on Twitter
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed a minor issue when launching as AUv3 under iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
I like this a lot
You can squeeze some excellent noises out of this app; I like the interface. My only complaint is that it crashes whenever I touch the right edge of the screen when in full-screen keyboard mode.
Fav iOS synth
Love this guy.
Monophonic tones that grew on me DRAMATICALLY!
I was a huge fan of Klevgrand's early FX's apps, which were small-footprint, affordable AudioBus/IAA inserts that twisted, morphed, and warped your sound in different ways. So, when they put out Enkl (a synth app!), I clicked "Buy" immediately and assumed I would love it. But that wasn't the case immediately. Part of the issue was that I knew even less about synths back then - many of the popular iOS synths are polyphonic, and I didn't understand the benefits of mono synths and how oscillator stacking can lead to rich, thick leads and bass tones.
Then I started playing around with some affordable hardware monophonic synthesizers (such as the Arturia MicroBrute and Volca Bass), and gained a better understanding of synthesis in general. When I revisited Enkl, I appreciated it on a much higher level. Enkl is obviously a digital app, but sounds to me almost like a piece of vintage analog hardware. The interface is very...blue...but is actually laid out intelligently and makes things very easy to program. And the presets that come with the app are some of the most inventive and useful that come to mind in an iOS synth. It's been several month since an update, so I would like to see Klevgrand continue to work on Enkl, but it's a terrific mono synth that performs well even on some of the slower devices. 5 stars.
The developer, Klevgränd produkter AB, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Klevgrand Produkter AB
- 10.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Klevgränd Produktion AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.